Nugget Finder SL coils

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nugget Finder SL coils

Post  au-fever on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:29 am

Just wondered if anyone can recall what sizes the nugget finder SL (super light) coils came in?, They are the light grey coloured spoked type coils that were the predecessors to the advantage coil range, I have several of them already that I like to use on the 4500 and prefer them to the advantage coils as I think they are far more responsive.

I was wondering if they came in a 12" round mono, 14x9 mono, 17x10 mono and so on like the advantage range of coils do?

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Nugget Finder SL coils

Post  hoolahoopa on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:51 pm

I have a couple still 16inch round 14x9 elip 17x11 elip. My mate has a 20 round and a 24x12
Hope that helps

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:11 am

hoolahoopa wrote:I have a couple still 16inch round 14x9 elip 17x11 elip. My mate has a 20 round and a 24x12
Hope that helps

Hi Hoolahoopa

Thanks for the reply, I have a 10" round solid mono coil, and 14-16-20" spoked mono's as well, but don't ever recall seeing a 12" spoked mono like in the advantage coil range, how do you get on with your 14x9 and 17x11 elipticals?, like I said I find the NF SL coils really good on my gpx4500 and favour them over the advantage models of the same size as they are not only lighter but are more responsive and I am always surprised that even with the 14" round that I use a lot of the time I am getting everything from really tiny pieces usually found with the sdc to really deep 2-3 grammers and such.

I would always getter bigger deeper pieces with the 14" mono advantage coil but rarely the really tiny pieces like the sl coil will get, its funny but some coils really suit some model detectors and not so much other models, I found out that the SL coils are really hot on the gpx4500 which is an early model one, after buying a second hand detector that came with the 16" round SL mono and trying it out one trip I was surprised at its being so light to use and how well it sucked up the small gold.

The early model minelab supergoldsearch 8" and 11" round mono coils that came with the sd2100 etc. are really hot as well so they should not be overlooked if you are able to get your hands on good ones grab them as well.

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:45 am

Hi aufever.
My favorite for years was the 17x11 it was a really good coil, but my friend converted me to the 24x12 so i got one of those in the advantage range and things really started happening for me then with gold finds. It is still now my go to coil and basically not use much else. Awesome groynd coverage good depth and sensitivity.

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top