Bush Redemption.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bush Redemption.

Post  Jen on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:32 pm

bloodgold2 wrote:

Bloody hell Jen, what's the odds of someone having the same name as you out in the scrub ?? Glad you got it sorted, Yeah mate work boots from now on in Smile Tried to grip and start a chainsaw yesterday, not a hope in hell with my right hand Sad anyway we have things to do and all I can do is my best. Smile Thanks Jen, the eye candy will come. Smile

Who would have thought hey? The young boy ( about 9 ) wasn't impressed when he thought someone sent him a book!! Laughing
He reckons he hates reading books..  

Now Dave don't go over doing it!  
Let the others do the hard yakka for you.
As much as the mind wants too, the body says No way!!! frustrating at times. Mad
Give it a bit more time, you will soon be dancing on your dozer Very Happy
Glad to hear your foot wear has been updated Twisted Evil

_________________
Be happy everyone Lifes to short

Cheers jen.
avatar
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Bush Redemption.

Post  bloodgold2 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:15 pm

Jen58 wrote:
bloodgold2 wrote:

Bloody hell Jen, what's the odds of someone having the same name as you out in the scrub ?? Glad you got it sorted, Yeah mate work boots from now on in Smile Tried to grip and start a chainsaw yesterday, not a hope in hell with my right hand Sad anyway we have things to do and all I can do is my best. Smile Thanks Jen, the eye candy will come. Smile

Who would have thought hey? The young boy ( about 9 ) wasn't impressed when he thought someone sent him a book!! Laughing
He reckons he hates reading books..  

Now Dave don't go over doing it!  
Let the others do the hard yakka for you.
As much as the mind wants too, the body says No way!!! frustrating at times. Mad
Give it a bit more time, you will soon be dancing on your dozer Very Happy
Glad to hear your foot wear has been updated Twisted Evil

lol! ,that's funny. Yeah Jen, all good the other boys will cover my workload if need be. That's what happens when your in a great crew.
avatar
bloodgold2
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bush Redemption.

Post  pablop on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:27 pm

I hope that you are making a few $$ out of the books, and it is a way to while away the time when out of action for detecting.

But I can tell you that the only action that I have got from a few days of detecting up here in FNQ is lots of junk. I must admit that I didn't steer away from the likely junky areas, but the couple of others working the properties say that they do avoid them and it must be so, else I wouldn't have found all the "sheet" that I did.

The regulars on the properties tell me that their usual haul has dropped lots over the last couple of years, but I know that at least one lot are still covering equipment and living costs, plus have a bit left over to give them that satisfied feeling.

If you are up to it, get out there as it is great to be out in the bush, finding the yellow or not. It may be a few weeks before I can get back to it, when I am plan on trying to hit ground that is likely "virgin".

Time will tell.
avatar
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Bush Redemption.

Post  bloodgold2 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:36 pm

pablop wrote:I hope that you are making a few $$ out of the books, and it is a way to while away the time when out of action for detecting.  

But I can tell you that the only action that I have got from a few days of detecting up here in FNQ is lots of junk.  I must admit that I didn't steer away from the likely junky areas, but the couple of others working the properties say that they do avoid them and it must be so, else I wouldn't have found all the "sheet" that I did.  

The regulars on the properties tell me that their usual haul has dropped lots over the last couple of years, but I know that at least one lot are still covering equipment and living costs, plus have a bit left over to give them that satisfied feeling.

If you are up to it, get out there as it is great to be out in the bush, finding the yellow or not.  It may be a few weeks before I can get back to it, when I am plan on trying to hit ground that is likely "virgin".  

Time will tell.

Hi mate, yeah abit has been getting knocked of the principle I have out laid to publish the book. By the sounds you have been out Georgetown way? Have only been out to flat creek station once before a good 5 plus years ago. Took the family out, found gold but yeah, it was more about the whole family being out bush than the amount of gold found. Very Happy
While I am on the thread, here is the first customer review on Amazon 5 out of 5 stars.  Very Happy Cheers Dave.

Top customer reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping story that I found consumed my thoughts every time I put it down.
By Moneybox on 5 July 2017
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
So many twists and turns just when I thought I could see the next move coming it diverted around another corner. A well written thriller that is sure to have you hanging out for the sequel.
Was this review helpful to you?  
Yes
No
 Report abuse
avatar
bloodgold2
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bush Redemption.

Post  pablop on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:07 pm

Great to get online feedback like that and that is one of the advantages of using online as if the product is good then it sells itself to an extent. You know my thoughts and make sure we know when another iron is in the fire.

The properties where I have been "playing" are not open to the "public" for detecting due to historic issues in that regards, but they have had lots of historic open cut mining and some recent active work as well. But as I have done some work for them in the past as a volunteer general dogs body and caretaker, I have access to do some detecting whenever I want, as long as it doesn't conflict with mustering activities and the like. As I would likely be helping with a muster that is unlikely to be an issue. So not Flat Creek, Western creek and the like, but clearly in what has historically been a very active gold producing area.

While I don't mind finding a bit of the yellow stuff, I am also interested in some of the relic type stuff that comes out of the ground as it tells a story of the area. It still amazes me that I can find 4-5 horse shoes and at some depth, in a day of effort, spread across country that looks like it hasn't seen much horse or mining activity for many years.

So my next challenge when I have the time, is to try and found somewhere on these runs that don't have the history of lots of people present, and see what turns up from the rocks and red dirt.

Good luck with the future detecting and literary efforts.
avatar
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Bush Redemption.

Post  bloodgold2 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:34 pm

pablop wrote:Great to get online feedback like that and that is one of the advantages of using online as if the product is good then it sells itself to an extent.  You know my thoughts and make sure we know when another iron is in the fire.

The properties where I have been "playing" are not open to the "public" for detecting due to historic issues in that regards, but they have had lots of historic open cut mining and some recent active work as well.  But as I have done some work for them in the past as a volunteer general dogs body and caretaker, I have access to do some detecting whenever I want, as long as it doesn't conflict with mustering activities and the like.  As I would likely be helping with a muster that is unlikely to be an issue.  So not Flat Creek, Western creek and the like, but clearly in what has historically been a very active gold producing area.

While I don't mind finding a bit of the yellow stuff, I am also interested in some of the relic type stuff that comes out of the ground as it tells a story of the area.  It still amazes me that I can find 4-5 horse shoes and at some depth, in a day of effort, spread across country that looks like it hasn't seen much horse or mining activity for many years.  

So my next challenge when I have the time, is to try and found somewhere on these runs that don't have the history of lots of people present, and see what turns up from the rocks and red dirt.

Good luck with the future detecting and literary efforts.

Ahh righto mate, well good on you bro for getting of the beaten track bro Smile Yep old timers artifacts interest me to a point, but gold interest me more Smile Yeah bro, just swing wider , if you have the history and follow the run, you will get on Smile Thanks for the well wishes on both counts mate Very Happy
avatar
bloodgold2
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Bush Redemption.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum