Like function

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Like function

Post  rockhunter62 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi mods and forum members,

Not all of us like to spend time typing replies to posts so what is the chance of having a "LIKE" option added to the posts. Very Happy

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Like function

Post  Jen on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:39 pm

Hi Doug
Thankyou for your suggestion

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:45 pm

"LIKE" Option?  Not quite sure what you mean by adding/having a "LIKE" Option in ones post Doug?   More info is needed on this one.  How different  would a "LIKE" Option be, to that of the "Quote" Option, (from one's post)  we already have in place? scratch  More info please Doug.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi Doug there is a lot of Emotions that can do the same thing. Q33 Q28 Q27 Q37 T01 T04 T22 T24V03 V17 V25 V37 V52

These are just some But I know what you mean, what they have on facebook "Thumps up" sign with the word "Like" next to it.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4207
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Cheers for the explanation there Bill. It will be taken into account & discussed by Admin

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi Kon,

Having the "like" option I think would get more responses by the less computer literate people like me. A lot of people use mobile phone and tablets and may not be comfortable to answer posts with a full reply.

Thank you for your consideration.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sodd on Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi Kon,
+1 for Rockhunter.

So instead of having to post this, I would have "liked" Rockhunter's post or comment if I agreed with it. It would have shown up under Rock's post and added to the number of people who also "liked" it. I could then move on to another topic quickly if I had nothing to say on the matter.

I don't have facebook but I am a member on another totally different related forum which has this feature. There is no "dislike" function as this can have a negative effect.
It (the "like" function) doesn't detract from people replying to the post as people are still free to do so and either support or state their alternative view on the post, more so it encourages "lurkers" to interact in some form, albeit a very quick one, and this in turn encourages "lurkers" to actually post (even if on a different topic/post) at some future point.

Understandable if such a function cannot be implemented as I understand that not all forum set-ups have it incorporated.
Cheers
Sodd

The Sodd
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:17 pm

wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4207
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Wombat wrote:

wombat Wink

What are you saying Wombat?? You love signs and music??? Laughing

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Right you are sodd. It cannot be implemented for the reasons you have stated. I'v been racking my brain with the rest of management, trying to find out if, a "Like" button option, was/is incorporated to the Admin Panel Settings, but alas to no avail. It is simply not part of this forums program & needs to be created/programmed in, something of which, I have little knowledge or experience in doing. We haven't given up though. We're still working on finding a way of incorporating a "Like" button Option in.
The forum does have a Points & Reputation system though, which works on a +/- point system principal, (regarding the reading of ones post, displayed in your Avatar Profile ) but not sure if members here would want Admin incorporating this system in (as an option), as opposed to the "Like" button option system?  

Cheers guy's, Kon.
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi mods,

I appreciate all the thinking that you are all putting into this question. No matter what the outcome is I appreciate the effort and consideration that you have all put in.

Thank you lol! Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sodd on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:27 am

Kon61gold wrote:Right you are sodd. It cannot be implemented for the reasons you have stated. I'v been racking my brain with the rest of management, trying to find out if, a "Like" button option, was/is incorporated to the Admin Panel Settings, but alas to no avail. It is simply not part of this forums program & needs to be created/programmed in, something of which, I have little knowledge or experience in doing. We haven't given up though. We're still working on finding a way of incorporating a "Like" button Option in.
The forum does have a Points & Reputation system though, which works on a +/- point system principal, (regarding the reading of ones post, displayed in your Avatar Profile ) but not sure if members here would want Admin incorporating this system in (as an option), as opposed to the "Like" button option system?  

Cheers guy's, Kon.

Hi Kon,
No worries mate, however, if at some point in the future the issue is ever raised/asked again, it has already been covered in this post. The leg work has been done and it will be a very quick answer to whoever raises it and they can be referred back to this post. Wink
Cheers
Sodd

The Sodd
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down