Garret ATX Hire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Garret ATX Hire

Post  ThirstyMiner on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi Guys,
I am off to Milparinka on the 13th. Just wondering if anybody in Adelaide has a Garret ATX they would consider hiring out to me for the trip?

People we are meeting there will have a GPZ and a modded 4500 and I would like to compare.
Happy to pay for the privilege and I would look after it as if it was my own. Mainly going for one of the locals, whose having a 60th birthday, but hoping to get 1 or 2 days in around it.

I have my Extreme, but have been considering the ATX over a 5000 for a future upgrade and would like to see how it compares. Happy to provide whatever you need in the way of security/ID to let someone you don't know walk off with your machine for a week. Be back the following Tuesday and could drop it back off Wednesday when I return to work. I live in the Barossa but work down the Port way every day.

If anyone can help out, I would be interested in having a chat. PM me and we can go from there.
Cheers
Roly

ThirstyMiner
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Follow Up

Post  ThirstyMiner on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Just as a follow up from our trip if anyone is interested.

I spent a day on Mt Brown, well away from the working lease. (I was with a friend of the station owner and we had permission)

We had my GP Extreme, a Woody modified 4000, a standard 4500 and a GPZ.

To say the ground was hot was an understatement. My extreme reacted on just about every swing, with either the 6x9 mono or the 11" DD. The 4000 and 4500 were really no better. Messed around with settings but couldn't settle them down.

The GPZ found about 8 pieces ranging from very small (sub gram - probably wouldn't register on a scale) through to around 2 grams. On the first few the GPZ located, we tried all the other machines. Most times totally undetectable. Tried different coils and settings. It was only after an inch or so was removed, that they became audible with the older machines. It would have been interesting to have the Garret and even a 5000 to compare.

The GPZ owner is coming for a visit to SA in the near future so we might get the opportunity to run some more comparisons at Mt Crawford or some other Barossa sites I can access.

ThirstyMiner
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top