New Update for the GPZ7000 avail Now !

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Update for the GPZ7000 avail Now !

Post  Mike54 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:36 am

Thanks hoolahoopa,

Good to hear the salt setting works well and congrats on your 7 bits as well. Very Happy

G'day Ashley, you won't be disappointed with the new update and I will be trying normal a bit more as well. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

PMAV, APLA & NAPFA Member.
Mike54
Management

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:03 am

Hey fellas for interest sake can someone compare this new setting on laterite to the original normal setting with say smoothing on high?
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:10 am

Goldchaser had a quick play with the patch mode on laterite and it did quieten down the machine a fair bit definitely lots less false targets and ground noise. I tend to run my machine in low smoothing all the time and didnt see the need to run high smoothing in that setting. But needed to in the salt mode.

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:42 am

hoolahoopa wrote:Goldchaser had a quick play with the patch mode on laterite and it did quieten down the machine a fair bit definitely lots less false targets and ground noise. I tend to run my machine in low smoothing all the time and didnt see the need to run high smoothing in that setting. But needed to in the salt mode.

Thanks hoola,so it still needs some smoothing on laterite hey(the new setting),ive ran the wifeys in normal a few times on it and on a gold spot its worthwhile,hard work but a few more bits in the jar,think i used low smoothing,wasnt doable with no smoothing,hers isnt uploaded yet and im on the bench at the moment but wondering how it compares to the old normal with some smoothing applied,mike said it can handle a faster swing,that sounds good for wondering the hills......
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Curley on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:35 pm

davsgold wrote:Just been reading through the brochure etc.  I see the Xchange2 software is NOT compatible with the new software upgrade (WTF). Evil or Very Mad  Too bad for those that log the nugget finds and want to download them like I do.  I hope they get a fix for this oversite real quick or I won't be happy. Sad

cheers dave
Don't worry Dave, I can back up you and Veronicas Xchange2 software to my GPS.....errr computer err you know what I mean.
I would hate for all your secret nugget locations to be lost in cyberspace, a travesty indeed!
No need to thank me, that's what friends are for Wink
Cheers
Curley
Curley
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:53 pm

Yep i reckon goldchaser low will be fine. Definitely better i reckon. I will test more on laterite next break just wanted to mainly test on salty ground this time time out

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi all
Having trouble downloaded the upgrade but computer won't open the download. what program do I need to use to open the file. thanks
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1235
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:23 pm

G.B. wrote:Hi all
Having trouble downloaded the upgrade but computer won't open the download. what program do I need to use to open the file. thanks

G'day GB

You don't open the file on the computer, once downloaded just plug the cable from the USB port on PC to the 7000 and then just copy and paste it straight into the 7000 and then once that is done disconnect and let the 7000 do its thing and it will tell you when its finished.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5383
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:26 pm

G'day GB,

Tony helped me with mine and all he did was copied and pasted to the GPZ. We did it on our little Lap top we have our moving maps on (Windows 10.). Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Mike54
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:30 pm

GB. 
The easiest way is to download the file to your desktop. Then plug your detector into your computer then drag and drop it into the minelab folder.
Heres a link for a good video on it
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DNIcVZgGzVg0&ved=0ahUKEwj01rqd6fHUAhUEgbwKHTjWBkUQwqsBCCswAw&usg=AFQjCNGGndoSDOt1zQMcSyfb6AhgZ8Prow

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks everyone. Owe you all a beer cheers.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:00 pm

I used the 7000 today with the updated software, and I can report it still finds gold. Laughing I find the settings that I used previous are still good to use and just add the "semi auto" ground balance function to keep the (ground moans) to a minimum where the ground is just getting to the noisy types, otherwise just keep going with everything as was.

I tried the other ground smoothing settings, the "Locate Patch" setting was good where the ground down on the flats is just starting to get a bit noisy, and with a very minimal if any loss of depth when switching back and forth between "X" (ground smoothing off) and " locate patch" settings, on the "salt" setting I reckon there is about a 50% loss of depth, but if you cant detect there before then 50% is better than nothing.

A good combo seemed to be "Semi Auto" ground balance and switching between "Locate patch" and "X" as the ground conditions changed worked well.

One particular nugget I dug today in the "Locate Patch" ground setting and "semi auto" ground balance was about 9" deep and 0.6gram in size, I cross referenced the target with other settings and the only other setting that compared about equal was my original settings before the upgraded software.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:14 pm

Gday. Regarding the new update I went to Finders Keepers in Kalgoorlie today and they updated my 7000 for me for a very small charge to cover there time which is fair enough. 7000 is one hell of a good machine and guess what it just got better. Looking forward to more time on the ground.
Regards big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:16 pm

G'day All,

We went out to some Laterite ground today and I decided to try some different settings to see how the new update would go.  First I ran it with my normal settings with the locate patch and I couldn't fault it, just the odd hot rock sounding off. Then I decided to run it in the Normal ground mode still in the locate patch setting, with a lot more hot rocks coming through, which was expected.  I also had a play with the smoothing Low & off, but found it a lot more jittery, I didn't lower the sensitivity as I prefer to run it on 18.  A couple of the spots just off the Laterite, which were lower flat areas where you can see has had a lot of water running through I didn't notice whether there was any salty noise coming through (maybe I should have changed it back out of the ground smoothing to the normal settings to check it out) usually the GPZ lets me know.  Once again I didn't have any luck with any yellow, but I did find some pellets and old rusty metal.
Here's a picture of the ground we were working.

Cheers.

Mike.

Mike54
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:03 pm

G'day Mike, I see you've got jens disease, posting pics on their side but we get the picture, Pretty much every post I have seen re the Zed update has been positive and pretty much all have found some yella, Great going Minelab & thanks. As for yourself : You must be holding your tongue wrong or something lol ! Reckon it's tomorrow the gold gods will let it loose for you.
Cheers & Goodluck
Ashley
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:27 pm

G'day and thanks Ashley, yes you could be right there, maybe I'm not holding my tongue right.
Jen said she took that pic on her IPhone so anything is possible.    lol!    It looked ok when I previewed it before posting it.  Jen's just fixed it hopefully it will be the right way up.  

Yep hopefully tomorrow will be my golden day.   Fingers crossed.    Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Mike54
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Ash100456 wrote:G'day Mike, I see you've got jens disease, posting pics on their side but we get the picture, Pretty much every post I have seen re the Zed update has been positive and pretty much all have found some yella, Great going Minelab & thanks.    As for yourself :   You must be holding your tongue wrong or something lol !  Reckon it's tomorrow the gold gods will let it loose for you.
Cheers & Goodluck
Ashley

I have a disease scratch  
oh you mean upside down sideways picture disease. Q25
Yep, thats because I take the photos Laughing

Hows the picture now????? Right way up I hope

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:07 am

Gday Whats wrong with Australian photos (down under)
Regards big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  G.B. on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:25 am

All updated Q16 T01
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:33 am

big fella wrote:Gday Whats wrong with Australian photos (down under)
Regards big fella

lol! thats cause they were " upside down under " Q29 lol!

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:28 am

G.B. wrote:All updated Q16 T01

Well done GB, now you'll have to let us know how it goes back in Vic. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike.

Mike54
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:02 pm

g'day all, have done the update to the 7000 and went to a "unmanagable"spot which is just up from a patch of half ounce of smalls gold. i detect while walkin g through it, but in amongst the swear words i always mutter "give me a break" because the overload of hot ground noises is to much to bear.

i thought this spot should be a good one to test out the new settings - did so today - and, for me, a brand new discovery ---

the fifteen by five meter area is surfaced, rehabilitated, filthy with tin, wire, shot pellets etc, at any depth and never found any gold there.
in the new patch finding mode it was definately more manageable, but still a pain in the u know what.

the new discovery ---- with patch mode OFF (old normal) when i hit a patch of rotten tin pieces the overloaded sound tailed off gradually and my coil was five foot away before the noise finished. i then switched the patch mode ON and discovered the tailing off sound cut out much sooner, within two feet of tin.
that meant i was able to detect the country much closer to the tin spot.

with patch mode off, this whole two square meter area was undetectable, and while travelling patch hunting you dont go back to check it out, but accept good riddance its behind me. then with the new patch hunting mode ON the area was checked out and became five distinct targets, one of them turned out to be a shot pellet. (could easily have been gold).

i had scratched two dozen targets with my boot, marking X is the spot to check out. (the rest i guessed in my wisdom were definately rubbish)
i got half a dozen shot pellets, small pieces of buried wire, one piece of battery lead, down six inches, of about a ounce, bummer. and Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy a .45gram nugget down five inches.

so, this new patch hunting mode could be the ants pants in rubbish metal country. thats what my new discovery indicates to me. check it out, next time you have a chance. ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:13 pm

G'day All,

I finally broke my short drought (since the update) today, also I worked out how to get rid of those dreaded jitters I was experiencing with the GPZ.  I had to adjust the threshold up to 29 and wallah the jitters were gone.  The first Nuggy I found pushed the scales above the gram mark my best for a few weeks now.    Very Happy     The GPZ in my opinion is now the Machine that we have all been waiting for.    "THANK YOU MINELAB".    T25    

Cheers.

Mike.

Mike54
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Since installing the upgrade a few days ago I can now detect ground that was causing those annoying moaning and groaning noises with every swing, not the real bad ones on the real salty/alkaline flats but where is was just generally annoying.

A good combo setting from the new range is the "Semi Auto" tracking and the "Locate Patch" ground smoothing section.  This works very well where the ground is just getting on the verge of annoyingly noisy. And "High Yield" "Difficult" for the main other timings.

Where the ground is good I reckon the "Semi Auto" tracking and the "X" OFF in the ground smoothing section, no loss of depth on targets in this mode compared to before the update.  And a very small hardly any % loss of depth in the new "Locate Patch" but the extra smooth running of the detector I reckon more than makes up for this where the ground is getting noisy.

I even found gold using the "Normal" and "Locate Patch " and the "Semi Auto" modes, you seem to be able to run the Normal timing in places where it was way to noisy before, mind you it is still a bit jittery but no where near as bad as before.

Gold every day since the update with a more pleasurable machine to use is ok by me so I reckon it's a T06  to the new upgrade.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:49 am

Good to see the positive comments coming out regarding the new Zed update, Will only see more as people get their tweaking and head around it, It sure appears to be a big thumbs up for the update & to Minelab. Home shortly, packing the van and Wetward Ho !
Cheers & thanks for posting up your Zed update comments/experiences.
Ashley
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Trust mine to be a problem update!! I met Davsgold today and we had a chat about the upgrade. So I gave it a go this evening in the van. Downloaded to the laptop OK but when I connected the 7000 to the PC using the USB cable off my printer, the 7000 was recognised for only a few seconds, then an error message came up on the 7000 screen saying "No coil connected" ,,,,"Overload" and the 7000 shut down! Tried it 3 times and gave up.

Any answers?

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 pm

ichi-ban wrote:Trust mine to be a problem update!! I met Davsgold today and we had a chat about the upgrade. So I gave it a go this evening in the van. Downloaded to the laptop OK but when I connected the 7000 to the PC using the USB cable off my printer, the 7000 was recognised for only a few seconds, then an error message came up on the 7000 screen saying "No coil connected" ,,,,"Overload" and the 7000 shut down! Tried it 3 times and gave up.

Any answers?

The cable from my printer did not match either. Any chance you could borrow Davsgold's USB cable? Or is he long gone?

Management

Number of posts : 3574
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:37 pm

G'day Les,

Maybe your printer cable isn't the same as the ML cable, just thinking out loud here. Would you be able to borrow someone's ML cable if close by. Did mine last week and had no problems.

Cheers.

Mike.

Mike54
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Ash100456 wrote:Good to see the positive comments coming out regarding the new Zed update, Will only see more as people get their tweaking and head around it,  It sure appears to be a big thumbs up for the update & to Minelab. Home shortly, packing the van and Westward Ho !
Cheers & thanks for posting up your Zed update comments/experiences.
Ashley

Tried  mine  for the first time today Ash, limited time only , one giant improvement so far, that I still can't believe.........  the threshold got smoother and steadier  the higher i dialled it. At  30 it was as smooth as butter , with gain at 18-19! In that half hour i was out there (sick as a dog at the moment) i got 4 little bird shot any of which could have been gold, and one small 1/2" lump of iron at 8-10" on a mullock worked to death. Cheers, Harry

Management

Number of posts : 3574
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:57 pm

ichi-ban wrote:Trust mine to be a problem update!! I met Davsgold today and we had a chat about the upgrade. So I gave it a go this evening in the van. Downloaded to the laptop OK but when I connected the 7000 to the PC using the USB cable off my printer, the 7000 was recognised for only a few seconds, then an error message came up on the 7000 screen saying "No coil connected" ,,,,"Overload" and the 7000 shut down! Tried it 3 times and gave up.

Any answers?

I'll bring the proper 7000 cable over Les if your interested, you know I'm not far away, sent me a PM for a time to meet you there.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top