New Update for the GPZ7000 avail Now !

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Update for the GPZ7000 avail Now !

Post  Ash100456 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Good one Harry, Hope i find the same thing, One giant improvement. Hanging to get my updated Zed over the Patch area i found on my last day detecting. Not long now !

P.S. Get well soon, There's more fun to be had out there !

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:57 am

Mike54 wrote:G'day Les,

Maybe your printer cable isn't the same as the ML cable, just thinking out loud here. Would you be able to borrow someone's ML cable if close by.  Did mine last week and had no problems.  

Cheers.

Mike.

I was told by a ML dealer that the required cable was the standard USB to port cable that are used on printers. But from my efforts this morning that is not the case. I had another go this morning, outside the van, with no genny running. The 7000 didn't
shut down this time and it showed "USB connected" but the laptop did not show the 7000 as a file. It wasn't "there" so I couldn't copy the software across. I have to go to Kal for three days for DMP meetings about the new Low Impact Mining Operation application system so I'll just get Finders Keepers in Kal to out the software on the 7000. Can't mess around too much when I'm pushing.

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:59 am

Dave,

Thanks for the offer but unless it can be done today I'm off to Kal tomorrow until Saturday morning. I'll get it done in Kal at Finders Keepers.

IB

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 pm

ichi-ban wrote:Dave,

Thanks for the offer but unless it can be done today I'm off to Kal tomorrow until Saturday morning. I'll get it done in Kal at Finders Keepers.

IB

IB I had a similar problem as you with the first update. It turned out to be my battery wasn't fully charged and it just did weird stuff, but yours appears to have settled down so that's probably not the issue.

The 7000 doesn't appear as a file but as a drive, below C: drive and your DVD drive, named Minelab.

Sometimes adding different USB devices can mess up a ports driver tables. Do you have more than one USB port in your laptop? Switching to a different port can fix these types of issues, alternatively reinstalling XChange 2 might refresh the drivers.

Hope you can get it sorted.

Cheers
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:57 pm

IB

No worries Les, you may as well get it done in Kal at Finders Keepers, another day using the 7000 as it is won't really matter.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5415
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Well Well, that was very annoying, I filled up all the find points and geo hunt trails on the 7000 with the new firmware upgrade and all was well up to that stage.

As we know the new upgrade won't recognize the xchange2 program, so I rolled back the upgrade to the previous software for the 7000, all well still at this stage, but when it has finished installing it wipes out all the geo store, thats right all the find points all the way points and all the geo hunt trails.

So that was bloody annoying to say the least, so I have now re upgraded the software to the latest version simply because it works well except for the exchange2 stuff up so come on Minelab get onto it and get it fixed, I really don't like having something then not having it. Mad

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm

What I have previously saved in xchange2 before the upgrade is safe and I can access that no worries, it's only the last 100 nugget finds that were logged and stored on the memory of the GPZ7000 that I have lost, that part is annoying but not the end of the world, I just wanted to let others know that you can save the finds on the 7000 and then roll back the update to downlaod the finds, which sounds feasible in theory but fails in practice.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Took my Zed to Finders Keepers whilst I was in Kal on APLA business. They used MY USB cable but in their PC and it put the software on the ZED no probs. Matt reckons they've had the odd laptop that simply didn't like the ZED being attached to it! So, as usual with my luck, I was one of the few.

But all fixed now,,,,and what do I think of the upgrade? In a word - CRAP. Where I'm working it's pure pisolite ironstone gravel and lateritic clay on a basaltic schist underlay (Dave knows where it is). The gold is all "ironstone carried". Semi-auto is noisy even in "Difficult" and "Normal" is out of the question. Semi-auto just gives the ZED a mild case if the hee-haws - unuseable for any of those faint, deep whisper targets. Plus, there is no EMI where I am, none, ever - but when I try "salt" to try and reduce the mild hee haws, in come the EMI so bad it's a PIA to use longer than 30 secs!! I've yet to really try out "Locate Patch" but overall thus far I'm not impressed. I spent the last two days back in the old settings. Anything else is PIA.

I called Matt at Finders Keepers and was told "ah well, in ironstone gravel etc this update doesn't do so well". Hmmmm,,,,,,,,,that's odd. It was the dogs bollocks when I was first told about it - "big improvement, great in hot clay around Kal, had some good reports and all good." Hmmm,,,,,,,,,,

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:52 pm

Hey Les, all I know is it works fine for me over here, the ground where you are is not much different to here.

Yes the new salt mode is very chattery, like a mad dose of EMI, but you should not need to be using that mode there, the Locate Patch along with the semi auto ground balance and High Yield  and Difficult should be all you need there, as that is what is working well here.

I just toggle between the ground smoothing mode X (OFF) and the Locate Patch as the ground dictates.

Just make sure to use the ferrite when locking the GB with the quick track button into the new semi auto tracking mode, all should be fine so long as you don't use the quick track button again with out putting the ferrite down to relock it in.

You should be able to leave the new settings turned off and the detector should be the same to operate as it was before.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:27 pm

big fella wrote:Gday. Regarding the new update I went to Finders Keepers in Kalgoorlie today and they updated my 7000 for me for a very small charge to cover there time which is fair enough. 7000 is one hell of a good machine and guess what it just got better. Looking forward to more time on the ground.
Regards big fella

I didn't have the cable with me so couldn't do the update. I called into Pilbara Prospecting Supplies in Karratha and saw Ray. He did the upgrade for me NO CHARGE, he was very helpful also explaining the ins and outs.

MacRob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:41 pm

davsgold wrote:Hey Les, all I know is it works fine for me over here, the ground where you are is not much different to here.

Yes the new salt mode is very chattery, like a mad dose of EMI, but you should not need to be using that mode there, the Locate Patch along with the semi auto ground balance and High Yield  and Difficult should be all you need there, as that is what is working well here.

I just toggle between the ground smoothing mode X (OFF) and the Locate Patch as the ground dictates.

Just make sure to use the ferrite when locking the GB with the quick track button into the new semi auto tracking mode, all should be fine so long as you don't use the quick track button again with out putting the ferrite down to relock it in.

You should be able to leave the new settings turned off and the detector should be the same to operate as it was before.

cheers dave

Thanks Dave,

I'll persevere with it for as long as I'm "where I am". But as you are aware and the reasons therein, I may not be "where I am" for much longer! Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Hey Les, come over here for a drive ( it's not far) and bring the 7000 with you, I just want to see if there is any difference between yours and mine on the same ground.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Dave,

I dunno EXACTLY where you are but I assume it starts with "TW"??

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 am

I dunno EXACTLY where you are but I assume it starts with "TW"??

Yes thats right, I'll send you a PM with some details.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top