25,000 SQ KM OF VICTORIAN GOLDFIELDS MAY BE OFF LIMITS WITHIN A YEAR - SUBMISSIONS OPEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

25,000 SQ KM OF VICTORIAN GOLDFIELDS MAY BE OFF LIMITS WITHIN A YEAR - SUBMISSIONS OPEN

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Submission are now open for you to have your say on the proposed CENTRAL WEST INVESTIGATION.

This includes 25,000SQ Km of what is currently accessible detecting land.
Click here to lodge a submission
Click here to sign our petition (currently almost 2,000 signatures)
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2011-04-21

http://www.russellhalden.com.au

Back to top Go down

Re: 25,000 SQ KM OF VICTORIAN GOLDFIELDS MAY BE OFF LIMITS WITHIN A YEAR - SUBMISSIONS OPEN

Post  Wombat on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:06 am

Done mine. Signed the petition and also put in my submission.
For all those that have not done anything as yet, remember this is your bush and your hobby that will be affected. So get behind this push and save the bush.
wombat Wink

Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4223
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 25,000 SQ KM OF VICTORIAN GOLDFIELDS MAY BE OFF LIMITS WITHIN A YEAR - SUBMISSIONS OPEN

Post  The Sodd on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:57 am

Petition signed
Cheers
Sodd

The Sodd
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:27 pm

I got this sent to me by VEAC today. PLEASE READ and take up the offer.
wombat Wink

An invitation to meet with VEAC at community drop-in sessions
VEAC wants to hear from individuals and organisations about values, uses and management issues in the Central West Investigation area. The information you provide will assist us in developing a draft proposals paper to be released in mid 2018 for public comment.

Written submissions will be accepted unil 21 August 2017.

Community drop-in sessions are being held in regional locations during the submission period. Come and find out about the investigation and talk to VEAC about public land in and around the Wellsford forest, Wombat forest-Macedon Ranges, Hepburn area, Cobaw forest, and Mount Cole and the Pyrenees Range.

You are welcome to arrive and leave at any stage during the listed times. Prior registration is not required.

Community drop-in sessions

Bendigo Library
Tuesday 18 July 2017, 3pm - 7pm
251-259 Hargreaves Street, Bendigo

Beaufort Football and Netball Club
Wednesday 26 July 2017, 3pm - 7pm
Goldfields Recreation Reserve
Park Road, Beaufort

Woodend Community Centre
Thursday 27 July 2017, 3pm - 7pm
High Street and Forest Street, Woodend

Daylesford Neighbourhood Centre
Tuesday 1 August 2017, 3pm - 7pm
13 Camp Road, Daylesford

Avoca Town Hall
Thursday 3 August 2017, 3pm - 7pm
Corner of Rutherford Street and Cambridge Street, Avoca

Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:16 pm

Cheers guys. Thanks Wombat for details. Shame the other thousand or so forum members couldn't be as bothered.
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Today I attended the drop-in session in Bendigo.

From the discussion, it would seem that the investigation will follow the same process as the previous one which directly affected prospectors the, Investigation into additional areas in Parks.

There will be a Community Reference Group however, that is yet to be established and I have no idea whether Prospectors will be represented on it.

It seems that the Report would be the product of the Council members, incorporating their interpretation of input in Submissions and the information provided by the Reference Group. The individual members of the Reference Group have no control over what appears in the Final Report as I understand it.

The economic and social impact of the Report would be fundamentally measured from information provided by any professional bodies/businesses eg, timber harvesting, bee keepers etc

I guess the reality is that unless individual prospectors put in Submissions detailing what the potential loss of these areas means to them personally, then we can pretty much expect our concerns to be ignored. As I see it all that really needs to be said is something like one of the following.

A local resident who regularly prospects or
A Victorian resident prospector who travels to the area regularly, maybe overnight or longer stays in caravan parks, purchasing fuel, food etc etc.
An interstate prospector who travels to the goldfields, maybe staying in caravan parks, purchasing, sightseeing, blah, blah blah.

Just as importantly, if anyone knows business owners personally like caravan parks, bakeries and equipment suppliers, that will suffer from the loss of visitation by prospectors to the areas identified, then they should be really encouraged to put in a Submission describing the importance of prospecting activities to them. If they don't, my guess the impact on the viability of those businesses will be ignored.

Just my guess, but if as prospectors, business owners etc. we choose to ignore this we can kiss the affected areas goodbye in under two years, closely followed by more areas shortly thereafter.

Determined1

PS. I did the petition back in March RockDoc69. Thanks for the opportunity and also thanks for preparing the Group Submission.

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 373
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:36 am

Further to above post.

These drop-in sessions are being run by Members of the VEAC Council, the actual people who will be responsible for the Report that will be submitted to Parliament.

They are the people the message needs to get to directly.

If it were possible Wombat (Bill) PMAV, it could be a very good idea to take a group of prospectors with maybe a smattering of business owners and other affected people, like some that might simply rely on access to the areas for firewood, ride horses, mountain bikes or whatever and make the concerns known on a face to face basis. The best result could probably be achieved by splitting into smaller groups of say three people engaging with different Council Members. Maybe it could be done in lieu of having the next meeting.

This might the best and only direct access opportunity to appraise them of the concerns of a potential lockout.

Just my thoughts anyway. Do nothing and we will pay the price.

Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:07 am

Hi determined1 Two of us yesterday went to Bendigo as well to do a one on one with VEAC members. We got a good response from VEAC and they wrote down a lot of our concerns and our comments. I also showed them a report from the government dating back to 2006 about the impact what Parks have on the tourist industry and the affects it has on the local economy. They were very interested in that and kept the report.

Eureka Echo  (March 2006)
Missing Tourists in National Parks  
Members may recall the Environment Conservation Council forecast of dramatic increases in tourism once the new national parks were established across the goldfields. Well, they were wrong. Very wrong! The new parks were created in 2002 and yet official tourism figures for 2004-2005 indicate that domestic overnight visits to the Goldfields region (aka the Box Ironbark region) were down 15.25% and interstate overnight visits were down a massive 41.2%. The parks have obviously done nothing to enhance visitor numbers. Given the restriction on activities brought about by the change to national park, it is more likely that the parks are in fact frightening people away. So what happened to all those jobs in the tourism industry that were supposed to replace those lost in the mining, timber and eucalyptus distilling industries? They didn’t happen! However, no-one is answerable for this. Not the Council members who recommended these parks be created, not the politicians who supported the legislation to create the parks, not the green lobby groups who pushed for the parks in the first place, nor the bureaucrats who made it all happen. The only people who feel any ramifications are those who have lost their jobs, the communities where they once spent their money and those of us who have lost opportunities to continue our traditional activities. We get absolutely no satisfaction in now being able to say to the state government – we told you so.

The PMAV Central Branch had their meeting last night and I emphasised how important it was that everyone puts in a submission or do a one on one at the different meeting points. I also caught up with Louise Staley PM for Rippon and she wants me to contact her in regards to putting in a block submission for different organisations. I will be ringing her today.
By the way, VEAC have been watching the news reports about our rallies as they recognised me as soon as I walked in to the meeting. They told us that they were very impressed on how our rallies are conducted and how quick we can organise them.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianmarg on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:03 am

Hi,
I sent my submission in last week which described my yearly activities.  We start our year in late April and spend the first two months prospecting in Victoria, we then move to Tibooburra and then Queensland to continue swinging.  We move across the top of Australia and end up in the WA gold fields and return home in September.  We can spend up to $1,000 per week, So two months in Victoria adds up.  The point that I made was that if I can't access ground in Victoria, The other states will take my money.  I like Vics, I was raised in Stawell and now live in SA.

I'm with ya,
Ian.

Ianmarg
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:47 am

Have lodged submission & signed petition.

Come on peoples we need many many more to lodge submissions & to sign petition. This may be the last time, maybe the last time I don't know.( sorry couldn't help myself )

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

All done

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:37 pm

C`mon people, i`m from south oz, i`ve put in my submission, and signed the petition twice now. Please dont sit on your behind and think that everybody else is going to do this, if everyone thinks that, then very few people will actually act on this. I for one will be utterly devastated if this happens, possibly suicidal, i love prospecting more than anything else i`ve ever tried in this world, and to have this taken away, will be ,well i dont want it to get to this stage, so please get your rears moving and DO something about it PLEASE.

Back to top Go down

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Why do these no gooders keep pursuing.

How many of these no gooders even go to the forests?
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1325
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:06 pm

G'day Wombat.

Got all that and good on you. Thank you for your efforts.

I can't reinforce enough how critical IMHO, it would be for at least some of the potentially affected business owners to take this opportunity to meet VEAC Council Members on a face to face basis.

I have absolutely no doubt that the impact on them will be simply glossed over in the meaningless jargon that goes into the preparation of an investigative report if they do not make the effort to meet face to face and in addition put in individual submissions. Naturally, if there are organisations like the Chamber of Commerce and/or a Retail Traders Association up that way, then their backing would add weight to their position.

Good luck with it all.

Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:04 pm

I am going to try to contact all the caravan parks that are listed in the areas of the proposed Central West Investigation as they may not know about the meet & greet with VEAC in their area.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:53 am

T

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 pm

I know it's already been written
Just a friendly reminder Very Happy

https://www.change.org/p/don-t-lock-up-the-victorian-bush?recruiter=289150113&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

http://veac.vic.gov.au/investigation/central-west-investigation/upload

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:46 am

Thank you to one and all for backing the PMAV, signing the petition and submitting your individual say.
I have been remiss in joining the PMAV. Application filled out, will submit tonight.
Keep up the fight.
Cheers
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  hapalogh on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:03 am

I've signed the petition also, and wrote in ( I signed because).

hapalogh
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2013-04-19

Back to top Go down

25,000 SQUARE KILOMETERS OF VICTORIAN BUSH

Post  joensue on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:26 pm

SIGNED   JOE   T06

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:21 pm

The PMAV at work to protect your rights
https://www.facebook.com/WINNewsBallarat/videos/1634670249898314/
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mistergee on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:28 pm

One needs to understand some facts

All councils are Unlawful and illegal, No Council has a right to own or control land in any way shape or form, they are an unlawful business entity with NO rights, Remember this when dealing with them.

The Public have more right to declare the state of Queensland off limits to all Public servants than any council or arm of government, this is a fact.

Learn the Constitution it still reigns supreme, the People are the government, the People have ultimate right to all Public land, Any entity that tries to subvert this is unlawful including the so Called corporate Government many bow down to.

All Acts and Legislation put in place by Government and councils that conflict with our constitution are Null and Void, the latter reigns supreme, (see high court ruling recently hoges vs aus securities)
and it does include things like Parking tickets, Fines, and Tax.

Many of us have become weak under the tyranny of big corporation and forgotten the law of the land which is weakened constantly because we allow it to.

Heres an Example which is relative to the bigger picture.
Try this for yourselves, at Tax time when asked to do Income TAX, ask them to point out where in legislation that specifies what the term Income is referring to.
I got 6 chickens last year, do i give the ATO one of them?
you see they can not specify because they are a private entity and it is illegal for a private entity to ask for money from people, it has to be voluntary.
Meaning
All personal income tax bar none is voluntary, it was only introduced at the end of world war 2 to help pay for the massive costs our country faced and it was supposed to be fazed out after a couple of years.. until some greedy elite bought it out and the rest is history.

Mistergee
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top