two men charged

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

two men charged

Post  goldtalkleonora on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Set for a hearing in Leonora on Tuesday...two "prospectors" charged with illegal mining...fair warning...tenement holders are fighting back.

https://thewest.com.au/news/kalgoorlie-miner/two-men-on-illegal-mining-charges-ng-b88548450z
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2015-06-01

http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au

Back to top Go down

Re: two men charged

Post  davsgold on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:47 pm

They should'a went to the Goldtalk seminars and learned how to do it properly.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5405
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:50 am

hey Dave...wouldn't make a difference mate....I reckon the majority of people that go where they want know they are breaking the law...they just don't care. I doubt that anything I have to say is going to change that!!
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:15 pm

While I acknowledge that the rules that are now in place should not be ignored I wonder how it has come to pass that mining companies have gained control of all the goldfields. Detecting on an EL should never have been allowed to be blocked by mining companies. The say it is about insurance but that is just a con.
The problem is that they now have control and will never give it up. We have to go cap in hand to them and even pay for the right to detect on land that belongs to everyone one. I don't think it is right but what can we do?
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:53 pm

That is about the crappiest and dumbest post I've ever read.

It's called a section 40e permit, it costs 25 bucks is valid for three people and for three months and at this stage E holders cannot object to the applications....but you know all that.
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Re:two men charged

Post  madmulga2 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:44 pm

Yep some people should do the seminars might stop sneaking around steeling gold off other leases and crying poor when somebody steps on there lease

madmulga2

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:33 am

granite2 wrote:While I acknowledge that the rules that are now in place should not be ignored I wonder how it has come to pass that mining companies have gained control of all the goldfields. Detecting on an EL should never have been allowed to be blocked by mining companies. The say it is about insurance but that is just a con.
The problem is that they now have control and will never give it up. We have to go cap in hand to them and even pay for the right to detect on land that belongs to everyone one. I don't think it is right but what can we do?

I concur with what you say granite2, its all about who pays more money into the government coffers and its the mining companies and lease holders that are doing that so they are given more rights than the rest of us mere mortals, the land does belong to all of us and it is unfair that huge parcels of land are off limits to us and worse that that they are often held by foreign companies but that's the Australian way, money talks, the thing that bugs me the most is not the system as I can live with that but the fact that many of these places are held and only the minimum amount of activity is carried out by some of these companies to keep to the agreement, the way I see it is if they want the land they should be actively working it or give it up.

For all the crap I have heard over the years, lease holders bleating about people stealing there gold and so on, its a fact that some of these fine upstanding so called pillars of the prospecting community are nothing more than environmental vandals and flaming crooks themselves, and some having carried out far worse than an old fart with a detector can ever hope to achieve, I guess that we all feel that there is to much onus on hobby prospectors to do the right thing but not so much on the big players, unfortunately its a case of do as I say not do as I do.

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:44 am

goldtalkleonora wrote:That is about the crappiest and dumbest post I've ever read.

It's called a section 40e permit, it costs 25 bucks is valid for three people and for three months and at this stage E holders cannot object to the applications....but you know all that.

[quote="goldtalkleonora"]That is about the crappiest and dumbest post I've ever read. clown

Really, so others are not allowed to have an opinion?, maybe you should read the forum rules about having respect for other forum members, as they are also allowed to have an opinion and are allowed to have their say regardless of whether you agree or not, after all that's what the forum is for isn't it?

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:28 am

agree 100% au-fever...everyone entitled to their opinion...including me....and I thought the post was the dumbest, crappiest one I have ever read. No, I am not wanting to start a poo fight...just expressing my opinion...and I am always happy to be shown to be wrong and will happily admit it when I am.
cheers

Tony Pilkington
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:39 am

au-fever wrote:
granite2 wrote:While I acknowledge that the rules that are now in place should not be ignored I wonder how it has come to pass that mining companies have gained control of all the goldfields. Detecting on an EL should never have been allowed to be blocked by mining companies. The say it is about insurance but that is just a con.

I concur with what you say granite2, its all about who pays more money into the government coffers and its the mining companies and lease holders that are doing that so they are given more rights than the rest of us mere mortals, the land does belong to all of us and it is unfair that huge parcels of land are off limits to us and worse that that they are often held by foreign companies but that's the Australian way, money talks, the thing that bugs me the most is not the system as I can live with that but the fact that many of these places are held and only the minimum amount of activity is carried out by some of these companies to keep to the agreement, the way I see it is if they want the land they should be actively working it or give it up.

For all the crap I have heard over the years, lease holders bleating about people stealing there gold and so on, its a fact that some of these fine upstanding so called pillars of the prospecting community are nothing more than environmental vandals and flaming crooks themselves, and some having carried out far worse than an old fart with a detector can ever hope to achieve, I guess that we all feel that there is to much onus on hobby prospectors to do the right thing but not so much on the big players, unfortunately its a case of do as I say not do as I do.

au-fever

The land does not belong to everyone....it belongs to the state of Western Australia. This is what I can't stand...people turn this argument into a class struggle...it's not. If the "little guy" wants to pay next to nothing and still do things legally then you still have access to the vast majority of WA goldfields...what's the feffing problem??? Don't forget...the process is in place that if you can prove a leaseholder is not working their ground then you can essentially take it away from them. Also, you have every right to take up a lease of your own...or form a syndicate with your mates to help with the costs....I'm happy to help you with this and I won't charge a cent mate. Your right though...some leaseholders are knobs...some pastoralists are knobs..there is always going to be a percentage of knobs because that's life...but to expect that you have a right to go where you like and (and I'm not saying that's you au-fever)get whatever gold you can is selfish beyond belief. Prospectors like most people want things only one way.
Anyway...as I said...not trying to pick a fight...I find it an interesting subject...more so than "I found 0.2g at 15""
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:47 am

Goldtalk if that is the dumbest poost you have ever read your reading must be very limited. I said I knew what the rules are and understood they have to be accepted as they are. And its true whatAU fever says. He is spot on in every way. Why mining companies worry about a few old farts garnering a few grams of gold on the land they own and love I have no idea..
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Driller on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:23 pm

It`s not about mining companies "holding all the ground". It`s about "prospectors" going onto granted tenements without permission and stealing gold.

Years ago I was given permission from a junior mining company to work on their tenements and got a nice patch. I waited 12 years for it to come available and pegged it along with two other prospectors at the same time and went into a ballot. Then I waited for months for the ballot to be drawn at the Wardens Court and won that. Then my application was opposed by a mining company that had a License over the same ground for water. It cost me several thousand dollars in lawyers fees back in the Wardens court to resolve that issue. Finally it was granted. Then I had to pay rates to the local shire whose roads don`t even service my tenement.
Ok now it`s granted. Then I applied for a POW ( Permission of Works) to do some pushing. While that was in progress I went to the city and purchased a good backhoe for many thousand dollars. Then it cost quite a few dollars to have a rake made to fit on the bucket to rake and re-habilitate the pushed ground to DMP requirements.
Finally I get out there and start metal detecting.
In the middle of that project I had to go to the city for family reasons and while I was away some "prospector" slithered into my granted tenement and chained all over where I was working.
I hope that the "prospectors" appearing in the Leonora Court get their A*s* nailed to a gumtree.

Like I said ,it`s not all about "big mining companies"

Driller.

Driller
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  forky on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Well said Driller , there is still plenty of areas people can go and swing a detector just do it the right way
forky
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:35 pm

granite2 wrote:Goldtalk if that is the dumbest poost you have ever read your reading must be very limited. I said I knew what the rules are and understood they have to be accepted as they are. And its true whatAU fever says. He is spot on in every way. Why mining companies worry about a few old farts garnering a few grams of gold on the land they own and love I have no idea..

Hi Granite2, Thanks for not arking up too much over my 'dumbest and crapiest' comment. I've had the day on my 'new to me ' dozer and that always makes me more relaxed and less blunt. Ok...the thing is mate....it's not 'a few old farts' that would not be a problem....it is thousands upon thousands of recreationals and many of them with no morals and little idea of prospecting. It is a volume problem. The thing is...again in my opinion only...is that
all this talk about illegals shouldn't even be happening...it shouldn't be an issue. Knowing where you are allowed to go and sticking to those rules is absolute day 1 learning stuff. It should be a case of 95% doing the right thing and a few knuckleheads doing the wrong thing...but..again in my opinion...the percentages are way off. I still believe (or want to believe) that the majority do the right thing, but the minority are a huge volume of people simply because of the numbers of people getting into prospecting.
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Driller wrote:It`s not about mining companies "holding all the ground". It`s about "prospectors" going onto granted tenements without permission and stealing gold.

Years ago I was given permission from a junior mining company to work on their tenements and got a nice patch. I waited 12 years for it to come available and pegged it along with two other prospectors at the same time and went into a ballot. Then I waited for months for the ballot to be drawn at the Wardens Court and won that. Then my application was opposed by a mining company that had a License over the same ground for water. It cost me several thousand dollars in lawyers fees back in the Wardens court to resolve that issue. Finally it was granted. Then I had to pay rates to the local shire whose roads don`t even service my tenement.
Ok now it`s granted. Then I applied for a POW ( Permission of Works) to do some pushing. While that was in progress I went to the city and purchased a good backhoe for many thousand dollars. Then it cost quite a few dollars to have a rake made to fit on the bucket to rake and re-habilitate the pushed ground to DMP requirements.
Finally I get out there and start metal detecting.
In the middle of that project I had to go to the city for family reasons and while I was away some "prospector" slithered into my granted tenement and chained all over where I was working.
I hope that the "prospectors" appearing in the Leonora Court get their A*s* nailed to a gumtree.

Like I said ,it`s not all about "big mining companies"

Driller.

spot on driller...this is actually a very common problem. It can take years to get a project up and running at massive cost and at massive risk. No complaints from me...it's what I do and no-one has a gun to my head. But because Lisa and I prospect professionally we need to have a lot of tenements...if we run out of ground to work then we are out of business. I know of 'prospectors' who see that we have a lot of tenements...call us 'big time prospectors' and raid our ground constantly.
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Lets not let this thread get out of hand here fellas. Whether you'r a giant mining magnate, or the smallest of lease holders, the laws governing precious mineral extraction, in any state of Australia "must" be adhered to. Claiming ignorance of the law, is no excuse, for what is simply classified as trespassing, for the purpose of stealing. When someone deliberately goes out of their way, to extract precious minerals/metals, on/over somebody else's private lease, without the permission of the tenement/lease holder/s & gets caught in doing so, deserves what ever the law has to throw at them. It's as simple as that.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:30 pm

Actually Goldsearch, I wasn't on about illegal prospecting. My main question was really a rehtorical question: how is it that the mining companies (big) have gained control of all the WA goldfields?

As to owns the goldfields you are quite correct, the state of WA owns them but the state of WA is not the government or some abstract idea. It is the people of WA who own the goldfields. The state of WA is part of the AustralianComonwealth. The words Common Wealth says it all. So in fact the goldfields are owned by the people of WA. It is the government who Control the use of the goldfields for the people.

So my question remains: how is it that the WA government has allowed control of the goldfields to fall into the hands of the big, and often international companies?

Think what it would have been like in the 1890's if the government had said to the prospectors of the day. " You can prospect only on this small area. You cannot prospect outside the permitted area without our permission".

The fact that almost every mine in WA is situated on or very close to ground prospected by the old timers says it all.Had they been so restricted there would be far fewer gold mines in the state today. I know of only about 3 greenfield mines in the state that weren't prospected in the late 1800's or early 1900's.

I know we must abide by the current rules and regulations and have no problem with that but how did it come to where we are today? I doubt there is an answer but would love to see more discussion on this topic.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Topcat on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:02 pm

Further update on events occurring due to the last issue of illegal prospecting, there will be an article posted in the West Australian
in the next few days such as this one listed below where Mining Companies are now hiring security guards to monitor their leases
for illegal prospecting.

This notice has been sent to all APLA members so please pass it on to those members who haven't received it.

Last edited by Topcat on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wording)
Topcat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.havewheelswilltravel.iinet.net.au

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:26 am

Just wondered while its all well and good to have security guards placed at mining leases, but do they in fact have the power to tell people to leave and have the authority to be checking 40e permits ?, unless they belong to the mines department or police would they in fact have any authority to stop anyone at all?, as it is not private property say in the case of a building site but only a granted el not a live mining lease.

If a person refused to leave what would the security guards be able to do, as they are only there to observe and report or maybe only call the police to remove the people but if they acted and tried to apprehend or manhandle the person they will more than likely be facing assault charges, a security guard can apprehend someone on private property if they have been hired for that purpose but on a granted EL I would question that.

I would say it a scare tactic and nothing more, has it really come to that though, the locals must be killing the pig on the gold there if that's the case Shocked

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:20 pm

au-fever wrote:Just wondered while its all well and good to have security guards placed at mining leases, but do they in fact have the power to tell people to leave and have the authority to be checking 40e permits ?, unless they belong to the mines department or police would they in fact have any authority to stop anyone at all?, as it is not private property say in the case of a building site but only a granted el not a live mining lease.

If a person refused to leave what would the security guards be able to do, as they are only there to observe and report or maybe only call the police to remove the people but if they acted and tried to apprehend or manhandle the person they will more than likely be facing assault charges, a security guard can apprehend someone on private property if they have been hired for that purpose but on a granted EL I would question that.

I would say it a scare tactic and nothing more, has it really come to that though, the locals must be killing the pig on the gold there if that's the case Shocked

au-fever

I think I might be able to answer this one:

Licensed Security Guards will have the authority of the owner of a property or business and they must lawfully carry identification (issued by the government) that must be produced on request if required by a police officer.  Since their powers of arrest are the same as a civilians, they do not need to be a security guard in order to effect an arrest.  Any member of a company (usually a senior staff member) can make an arrest.  Any member of the general public can also arrest another person but this is rare.  The owner of a business or property can/will transfer their 'will of enforcement' to the persons hired to protect a property from theft and encroachment. A lot of security guards are police officers who were unable to continue in the police force for one reason or another.  Some are thugs and that's why they thrive in this industry.  They can also use necessary force to detain you if they decide you might try to escape. If a thief is caught and attempts to escape, they can detain the thief with necessary force. The very act of climbing over a fence to enter a property (even Crown Land, if enclosed) is a violation of the Enclosed Lands Act and can carry an obscenely expensive fine.

Security Guards are not police officers so they can more easily be charged with 'unlawful detainment' but only if the person detained was acting lawfully to begin with.  For example, if you had permission to be somewhere but the security guard did not believe you, then you did not commit an offense.   Police now have protections against lawsuits and there are even limitations on payouts if they are successfully sued for unlawful detainment and/or false arrest.  They are almost immune from individual civil action and... if suing a police officer for an unlawful arrest ...you now have to sue the police-force itself. Not an easy thing to do. Security guards certainly do have the power of arrest but it's also essentially a civilian citizen's arrest.  Police have a stronger ability to arrest without being sued afterwards if the arrest is bad.

Can security guards confiscate equipment, detectors or vehicles? Yes, but they can only detain you while they await the arrival of police and then they can press charges against the offender - although the police usually do this.  The old expression used when making an arrest is now "I am detaining you" instead of "You are under arrest".  Either is acceptable but it is important to tell the person in clear terms that they are being detained.  They can be blocked bodily from leaving, but if the person is told that they are "not free to leave (of their own free will)" then an arrest has effectively been enacted. Security can also put you in an enclosed room to affect the arrest and further detain you to prevent you from leaving.

Can a security guard shake down, detain, eject or arrest a trespasser?  Absolutely they can.  The person being arrested is under no obligation to provide a name or address to a security officer but the must if it's a police officer asking.  Failure to do so is an offense.  They cannot confiscate property - but they can pass it on to the police for evaluation or later confiscation by the courts.  eg. Using a vehicle to drive to a location where an offense is committed can result in the seizure of the vehicle and the sale of it as the proceeds of a crime.

There's a few locations in the Bathurst (NSW) goldfields where Security guards are hired to watch over core samples due to the amount of value (gold) in them prior to crushing.  A wedge of gold the size of an Apple iPhone 6/7 is over 1.2kg and is worth around $60K. Some those core samples hold a lot more than this.  No doubt this is the same on mining leases in WA.

LEGISLATION: Below is the wording in the legislation that allows civilians the power of arrest:
A person who is NOT a police officer may, without warrant, arrest another person if he or she believes on reasonable grounds that the other person is committing or has just committed an offence.

A person who arrests another person shall, as soon as practicable after the arrest, arrange for the other person, and any property found on the other person, to be delivered into the custody of a police officer.

So based on that wording, yes... they can physically detain you and take possession of your personal property - which is then handed to the police at the earliest convenience.  If you had permission to be there (and could prove this), then any arrest would be unlawful, and a case of unlawful detainment would be possible.  In this instance you could sue the company that authorized the security guards and transferred to them the power of Authority to detain you. If the owner did not authorize this, the security guard could then be liable in a civil action.

Can the arresting officer use force or restrain you?  Absolutely they can!

LEGISLATION:
"The legislation states, in connection with the use of force in making an arrest, that:

A person shall not, in the course of arresting another person for an offence, use more force, or subject the other person to greater indignity, than is necessary and reasonable to make the arrest or to prevent the escape of the other person after the arrest.

As a general rule, any force used must be reasonable and proportionate. The circumstances when some level of force may be justified include:

* in self-defence
   * to prevent the escape of the offender.
"

Judging by the wild-west attitude towards gold thieves out there in WA,  I don't think it's worth resisting an arrest out there.  I'm sure there's more than a few offenders stuffed in holes that were caught trespassing on the gold leases and became belligerent (instead of compliant) when confronted.
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1923
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:54 pm

granite2 wrote:Actually Goldsearch, I wasn't on about illegal prospecting. My main question was really a rehtorical question: how is it that the mining companies (big) have gained control of all the WA goldfields?

As to owns the goldfields you are quite correct, the state of WA owns them but the state of WA is not the government or some abstract idea. It is the people of WA who own the goldfields. The state of WA is part of the AustralianComonwealth. The words Common Wealth says it all. So in fact the goldfields are owned by the people of WA. It is the government who Control the use of the goldfields for the people.

So my question remains: how is it that the WA government has allowed control of the goldfields to fall into the hands of the big, and often international companies?

Think what it would have been like in the 1890's if the government had said to the prospectors of the day. " You can prospect only on this small area. You cannot prospect outside the permitted area without our permission".

The fact that almost every mine in WA is situated on or very close to ground prospected by the old timers says it all.Had they been so restricted there would be far fewer gold mines in the state today. I know of only about 3 greenfield mines in the state that weren't prospected in the late 1800's or early 1900's.

I know we must abide by the current rules and regulations and have no problem with that but how did it come to where we are today? I doubt there is an answer but would love to see more discussion on this topic.

Cheers, Jim

I don't think that the govt has allowed control of the goldfields into company hands, not at all. I think the main factor is the general state of economics and more importantly the gold price. People go prospecting when times are tough (depression) and when the gold price is high (last 15 years plus). More or less the same system has been in place for a long time in WA...everyone has an equal opportunity to get out there and lease ground. The companies do it to make money...fair enough. Why don't private prospectors do it????...don't bloody know. Jim, I have always enjoyed your stories, you have found gold in WA...you tell me, why didn't you ever peg some ground?? (I am assuming you didn't). It's a reason why I run these training courses...I want to encourage people to get out there and lease a bit of WA and have a go. The point we seem to differ is that I don't believe it's ok to whinge and moan and say the 'company has all the ground tied up....every one of us has the similar opportunity to do the same....but you don't...you want the star filled nights and plenty of gold but don't want to commit a bit more and develop an area. (when I say 'you' I mean prospectors in general)....is it too far of a stretch to say it's bang along the racist line of " the imigrants have taken all our jobs" or " the chinese are buying out Australia" In my weird mind I don't think it is. We can all have a go, so there is no point complaining when we won't but others do.

I think it's a real interesting question though Jim, and I would have answered it differently 30 years ago as I would prob answer it differently in 20 years time. I don't like/believe in taking the victims stance...more or less we all have an equal shot at things in Australia.
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Info

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:31 pm

G`day Goldtalkleanora, just out of interest, do you have a website where a person could download info about applying for a lease, if not, why not create one and make up a digital booklet on all the how to`s of a lease, applying for 40e`s and all other general info a prospector would need to start a lease or just to get started and organised for a trip to w.a. Of course this info would come at a reasonable cost which i would pay and i`m sure many others would too?

Back to top Go down

Post  bubbazoo on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:25 am

bubbazoo
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2012-10-26

Back to top Go down

Two men charged

Post  Col Douglas on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:58 am

Just a comment on the Section 40E system.

The only problem I have with the system is the 21-day waiting period that applies from the date that the application is submitted. The reason for this 21-day period, where the applicant is not allowed to commence detecting, is to allow the EL lease holder to submit a 'Statement by holder of exploration licence'. The EL holder cannot reject a 40E application, but as stated in MINING REGULATIONS 1981 - REG 4H:     The holder of an exploration licence for land may make a written statement setting out any comments the license holder wishes to make in relation to prospecting activities proposed to be carried out on the land under a permit.

This becomes a real nuisance when a prospector wishes to submit another Section 40E to continue on from an existing 40E, over the same EL. The new application cannot be submitted until the previous one expires, so the applicant has to wait another 21-days before he can recommence prospecting again.

Otherwise I find the system works well, and there is really no excuse for prospectors not to use the system, which has been specifically set up for their convenience.

On another note: thanks goldtalkleonora for your input. I always find your knowledgeable, and succinct comments of interest.

Col Douglas
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 am

Thanks Col Douglas,

I am not a good writer mate...and sometimes the way it comes across is not exactly what I intended...either that or I'm becomming a cranky old b**tard.
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:31 am

Hi Nugget Shooter,

Dmp covers most of this in fact sheets that they put out. This is a link to our website http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au/useful-information/

We have a 'useful information page'...which is a number of links to these fact sheets. Lisa has tried to make things a bit easier for people by grouping
them together on our website. Most of the basics about prospecting in WA is covered by the DMP and you don't have to pay for it.

Admin...I hope the link is ok.

cheers
Tony Pilkington
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Col Douglas on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:39 am

goldtalkleonora wrote:
I am not a good writer mate...and sometimes the way it comes across is not exactly what I intended...either that or I'm becomming a cranky old b**tard.

Whichever it is, I think there's no doubt that you are very effective in getting your point across, and it makes interesting reading as well.

Col

Col Douglas
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:52 am

Col Douglas wrote:

This becomes a real nuisance when a prospector wishes to submit another Section 40E to continue on from an existing 40E, over the same EL. The new application cannot be submitted until the previous one expires, so the applicant has to wait another 21-days before he can recommence prospecting again.

There is a good reason for this, it stops people from continually rolling over the same 40e and staying on the same ground forever, just imagine if that you could do this, for $120 per year you could stay put indefinitely.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5405
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  GOLDEN CRACK on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:35 am

u cannot get consecutive 40e's.
when one expires then u have to wait 3 weeks for the second one.
but like anything theres always a way round things.

on pending ground u can stay for any length of time till granted.

if anyone started detecting within a 100m exclusion zone, they get a warning, second time they get a punch in the head and a busted detector. Game On.

cheers
GC

GOLDEN CRACK
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-04-16

Back to top Go down

Cheers

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:12 pm

Thanx G.T.L , and anyone else that replied, i`ll have a read on your website, only ever detected in vic/sa so hope to maybe one day get over to w.a and score some good looking ground to rip up and fill my pockets(more like buckets)  full of that shiny yellow stuff.
Cheers !!!

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top