two men charged

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: two men charged

Post  goldtalkleonora on Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:32 am

davsgold wrote:
Col Douglas wrote:

This becomes a real nuisance when a prospector wishes to submit another Section 40E to continue on from an existing 40E, over the same EL. The new application cannot be submitted until the previous one expires, so the applicant has to wait another 21-days before he can recommence prospecting again.

There is a good reason for this, it stops people from continually rolling over the same 40e and staying on the same ground forever, just imagine if that you could do this, for $120 per year you could stay put indefinitely.

cheers dave  

yep...but for $27.00 a year...you can lease ten hectares...build a camp....go insane....run around nude...do whatever you like.
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2015-06-01

http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Good talk GTL,  T06  an interesting subject as you rightly say, robust open conversation without malice is just what this site needs, in the end to agree to disagree is sometimes the outcome, I know I would certainly not appreciate it I went to the trouble to lease land and then had it stripped by johnny public  T02 , as Australians we seem to feel little sympathy for the big end of town and its losses, must be our convict past eh? , however it must be remembered that a fair deal of those leases raided are probably you and me type folks just having a crack,I am sure you know better than I, are you serious? $27 and you can do all that?, I realise all the info is available at WA gov site but sometimes hearing it in conversation such as this makes it more digestible.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2350
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Hey Wayne, yep a prospecting lease or "Special" prospecting lease that is 10ha or less, we have a couple of em, kept just under 10ha and it is $26 per year for rent to the DMP and no shire rates, bloody good value I reckon. Very Happy

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5353
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:35 am

Hi Digginerup,

A 10ha lease over here will cost about 350bucks for the application fee...no shire rates and 25-27 bucks a year in govt rent....I won't go into the details of running around nude..I'm sure you'll work it out. If people are coming up here to Leonora each year (as many do)...it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the caravan park at 150 bucks a week. Of course..there is no power or water etc...but isn't that what prospectors set up for anyway??
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:55 pm

goldtalkleonora wrote:Hi Digginerup,

A 10ha lease over here will cost about 350bucks for the application fee...no shire rates and 25-27 bucks a year in govt rent....I won't go into the details of running around nude..I'm sure you'll work it out. If people are coming up here to Leonora each year (as many do)...it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the caravan park at 150 bucks a week. Of course..there is no power or water etc...but isn't that what prospectors set up for anyway??

Hi Tony

Do you still need to do the environmental stuff on it.. what about the expenditures???

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi Jen, yes there would be a $2000.00 expenditure commitment. Your time is worth money...lets say $400.00 per day....5 day's for one person...expenditure met. No enviro stuff if your not disturbing the ground...not much if you are.
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:19 pm

goldtalkleonora wrote:Hi Jen, yes there would be a $2000.00 expenditure commitment. Your time is worth money...lets say $400.00 per day....5 day's for one person...expenditure met. No enviro stuff if your not disturbing the ground...not much if you are.

Thankyou Tony
Its a bit cheaper than our two leases..
Interesting though, T10 could have some where to call home in different parts of W.A

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Back to top Go down

I was there in the Leonora Court to see this case

Post  ichi-ban on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:26 pm

I was there because I knew one of the prospectors involved was my old nemesis - "T-Man". I faced him prior to the hearing (I was nice to him,,,,) in the office of the Magistrates Court and told him my thoughts such as how much I loved him and worried about his future now his name was, like mine, all over the WA Golfeilds but for different reasons. Then he took a swing at me,,,,,and missed,,,,,in front of a police officer FFS!! Leaseholders in the area reckon he was about due to be caught. His accomplice was a guy from NSW that had recently completed a prospector's course with Goldtalk in Leonora - but used the excuse in court that he didn't know what he was doing and was led into it by "T-Man". Yeah right. Tony Goldtalk will tell you the rules but you ignored 'em.

"T-man" admitted he was an old hand and knew he shouldn't have been there. They both pleaded guilty and mitigated the plea by using a pearler of a remorse excuse,,,,,"we have offered to work for free for the mining company"!!!!!!! FFS - does that mean using a metal detector?? What a hoot that would be! "Work for free and pocket the gold" - as gold thieves often do.

Both were fined $2000.00, had the gold confiscated and got a spent conviction, which means no criminal record. However, they wouldn't want to be caught again 'cos it's $150,000.00 fine next time. The confiscated gold - one nugget was 4 ounces and the other was about 9 ounces. However it is believed they visited the spot several times so they could have found more before they were sprung. The Magistrate and the Prosecution never thought of that possibility. I did as I watched & listened.

They were sprung by the local pastoralists who are now out there legally detecting around the spot on a Section 40e permit along with a million others. The company have now brought in a local contractor to do a "scrape n detect" operation on the spot. So "T-Man" and his mate could have had it all for the cost of a 25 dollar permit and perhaps an SPL on the ground. But they chose to ignore our rules here in WA. Remember this IS Western Australia and the gold is ours under the rules of a Federated Australia. We offer everyone permits and certain rights to find it and keep it. We don't give you the right to steal it from those that have paid the fees and charges for those rights - that's what the magistrate said.

The EL probably now has more sect 40e people on it than the rest of WA combined.!!The guy doing the pushing is very accommodating to interlopers; he'll let you detect as long as you don't object when he flattens your Landcruiser with his D9!

"T-Man" has now left town in the direction of Meekatharra so beware up there. Little old red ute with a green home-made camper back on it and " "T" plates.

I was great day for justice and there's another similar case probably within the next week or two from the Leonora area. It's not a nice place to get caught and with things the way they are right now with pastoralists and leaseholders, the chances are you will get caught. These guys have had enough of prospectors and I have to admit that they have it in for "Eastern Staters". Those are not my words but they are the words of the leaseholders and pastoralists with whom I talk regularly. Remember, these guys prospect for gold as well as herd cows so they have a vested interest in watching their own backyards. So get yer paperwork sorted and have nice time or get caught and ruin your holiday.

Finally, you should be aware that the new head of the Gold Stealing Detection Unit (GSDU) in Perth/Kalgoorlie is a prospector himself so the rules are now being applied thoroughly. This was not the case in previous years where little or no interest was shown in chasing recreational prospectors. Those days are now very much over. I spoke with the new guy a few days ago and there will be more like this if we all don't pull our heads in.

Last edited by ichi-ban on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Thanks for the update Les

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Oh yeah just something about people coming onto our leases without our permission, we had several people come onto our leases that we had to politely tell them to move on.  Their excuse was there is plenty of ground here and most didn't even know where they were.  Even a club group were about to set up camp on our lease, also we are still filling in their bloody open holes they left behind.    Evil or Very Mad    Evil or Very Mad     (Vic club)

PMAV, APLA & NAPFA Member.
Mike54
Management

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top