ground balance correctly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ground balance correctly

Post  yellowmellow on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:31 am

hi all,

I run a gpx4500 with 12 inch nuggetfinder evolution coil I need to know as I run in fixed when detecting I need to know how to ground balance the right way and the steps too.

Most or all of the time all I do while the gpx4500 is in fixed I press the green button on the handle and then just jiggle up and down say 2 or 3 times while pressing the button and then releasing the button once I stop.

Am I doing it the right way and how often should I be ground balancing for say every 5-10 minutes iam still not sure how often please let me know thanks tim as this is important part of detecting better
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: ground balance correctly

Post  yellowmellow on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:44 pm

any one have any advice on ground balancing thanks tim
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1528
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Dig24crt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Tim
Put Groundbalancing gpx4500 into youtube.Theres a 1.08 clip by Jonathan Porter that will show you
Cheers Dig
Dig24crt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Dig24crt wrote:Tim
Put            Groundbalancing gpx4500    into youtube.Theres a 1.08 clip by Jonathan Porter that will show you
Cheers Dig

Is it this one?

http://youtu.be/8WU2YZeeKYc

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dig24crt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:19 pm

Yeah thats it Jen thanks, no good at doing links
Cheers
Dig24crt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Dig24crt wrote:Yeah thats it Jen thanks, no good at doing links
Cheers

No worries.. you gave me the place to find it T25

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dig24crt on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Youve got to hand it to JP hes the master of the groundbalance.If everone was as accurate as he is a lot more gold would be found.
Cheers
Dig24crt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  au-fever on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:36 am

yellowmellow wrote:hi all,

I run a gpx4500 with 12 inch nuggetfinder evolution coil I need to know as I run in fixed when detecting I need to know how to ground balance the right way and the steps too.

Most or all of the time all I do while the gpx4500 is in fixed I press the green button on the handle and then just jiggle up and down say 2 or 3 times while pressing the button and then releasing the button once I stop.

Am I doing it the right way and how often should I be ground balancing for say every 5-10 minutes iam still not sure how often please let me know thanks tim as this is important part of detecting better

Hi Tim

The ground balance procedure shown by Jonathan Porter is the very way of doing it, but be sure to take note of when he says to hold the coil very still at the end of the pumping motion "before" releasing the quick track button, I have also found that if it does not balance to your satisfaction then move a few yards or so away and do it again until you are happy with it.

Second suggestion is if you cant ground balance the detector on a particular spot make sure you go back to that spot when you have done the ground balance and its running well, as the other day I did exactly that and the reason it would not balance was that there was a small specie there and I was trying to ground balance on top of it and of course the detector was trying to tell me that there was a target there at the same time.

I ground balance frequently and as often as I feel necessary, and if the detector starts to run less smoothly it tells you that the ground is changing and there's been more activity in the ground therefore the higher chance of being gold there, so re ground balance the detector and slow down on that spot and have a good slow search.

au-fever

au-fever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2016-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 am

Yeah, I think I should watch these again from time to time as my tecnique suffers after a few years. good to keep it sharp.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dig24crt on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:45 am

Another point to note, in the days of sd and gp machines using DD coils as well as having a good groundbalance keeping the coil level and at an equal distance from the ground could make the difference between finding gold and not.
With the advent of GPX machines and powerful monos its easy to become complacent and coil lift and the end of each swing.Accurate detecting leads to more gold.Recognizing those faint "iffy signals" makes the difference between a good day and a great day.
Cheers Dig
Dig24crt
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top