Kalgoorlie area now threatened by another NT claim. Watch out!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kalgoorlie area now threatened by another NT claim. Watch out!

Post  ichi-ban on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:42 pm

The area from south of Kalgoorlie up towards Menzies has recently had a Native Title Claim placed over it. That's the bulk of WA's Southern Goldfields areas. There hasn't been a successful NT claim prior to this due to fractured relationships between various NT claimant families, groups and "mobs". But this one looks to be a consolidated push from all of them, collectively. This one may get through.

In the meantime, they have full Negotiating Rights even though it's only "claimed" and not a "granted" status. That's the way the NT Act works. It's all based on "future acts" that may be carried out by me & you and mining companies.

Jesuuss, I'm glad I'm getting out of this lark in a cuppla years - if not immediately!! The glory days are over.

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Kalgoorlie area now threatened by another NT claim. Watch out!

Post  Liquid Gold on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:45 am

ichi-ban wrote:The area from south of Kalgoorlie up towards Menzies has recently had a Native Title Claim placed over it. That's the bulk of WA's Southern Goldfields areas. There hasn't been a successful NT claim prior to this due to fractured relationships between various NT claimant families, groups and "mobs". But this one looks to be a consolidated push from all of them, collectively. This one may get through.

In the meantime, they have full Negotiating Rights even though it's only "claimed" and not a "granted" status. That's the way the NT Act works. It's all based on "future acts" that may be carried out by me & you and mining companies.

Jesuuss, I'm glad I'm getting out of this lark in a cuppla years - if not immediately!! The glory days are over.

Yes the government is definately out for our blood. Their plan is to kick us out of all public land with lies of all sorts. It's coming in waves now to break our resistance. As soon as we kick back on one policy change, they have a new on already waiting. It's a clear attack on our freedom. A stronger stance must be made from the public and all of our land must be returned.
Liquid Gold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnieL on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:59 pm

AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 920
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:31 pm

It won't be long before all the goldfields are under native title. There isn't much we can do about so we better get used to it if we wish to continue detecting.

As an ASIDE, we were camped and detecting near Hawks Nest recently and had our camp raided by thieves. The cheeky buggers found our camp when their car ran out of fuel. First they entered camp, stole a jump start and a light worth about $300 and a packet of chips in a box. They then returned and waited just outside our camp until we were up then came and asked us for fuel. As we had no petrol to get them out of our camp I ran them home to the Mt Margaret Community as we couldn't prove they had been the ones who stole our gear.

Then, when I returned past their car I found empty packets of chips from our box blowing around near their car. It was the blighters who asked for fuel. We reported it all to the Laverton police but as yet have heard nothing back.

Just be careful around Hawks Nest when camping out.
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtalkleonora on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:26 pm

native title claims won't have any effect on detecting...but it will slow down small scale mining.
Funny story Granite 2...don't hold your breath for a response to your complaint!
goldtalkleonora
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2015-06-01

http://www.goldtalkleonora.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top