Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2014-02-15

http://www.napfa.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Warning to fossickers about NSW sluicing developments

Post  UNCLE BOB on Mon 07 Aug 2017, 9:24 pm

Tell us about this new group and why they have come about to replace the old one?
Why are they not abiding to the rules already worked out with them for fossicking with NAPFA?
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Tue 08 Aug 2017, 6:05 pm

Well this doesn't surprise me ...bloody green politics ...what's the answer  scratch get a petition going ? dunno ... all I know is that industry bodies ,such as farmers groups ie , employ large no's of people and lawyers  and $$$$ to try and fight there causes , so I wouldn't hold out much on trying to influence the powers to be with our causes ,despite the hard work our representatives do .
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2014-02-08

Back to top Go down

Next steps ??

Post  NAPFA on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 5:39 pm

THANK YOU to the couple of responses on this topic on this forum.  It is puzzling that not more are interested; perhaps this is more a detecting forum these days?

Anyway NAPFA notes that various suggestions are being put forward to protest against this unreasonable policy and to seek to have it fixed. These range from letters, to rallies to media activity.

While individuals are free to undertake their own campaigns, at this stage, our view is to leave it with NAPFA as we are in dialogue with both Planning, Environment, Resources and Energy (PERE) and the Resources Regulator on how to get a fair and reasonable outcome for fossickers.

If you have not done so already, I would urge you to read our report http://www.napfa.net/upload/NAPFA%20Regulation%20Changes%20to%20DRE%202017%20%20Final%20.pdf
because it provides a comprehensive review on the current policy, why it needs to change and how it needs to change.  It is possible that you won’t agree with all of it, but I can assure you we have consulted at length within the fossicking community, and with manufacturers, in arriving at our final position.

We have an important meeting next week with PERE where we hope that resolution of this issue can be fast-tracked. Our immediate goal is to prepare for that meeting.

Depending on what comes out of the meeting, then we may well seek to rally fossickers and sluicers from all corners of NSW and elsewhere in a strategic communications campaign aimed at overturning this unfair and flawed regulation.

If you are not already a NAPFA member, please get on board as a member and support the organisation that is supporting your fossicking interests.  Here is a link to our membership pagehttp://www.napfa.net/Join-the-rebellion.html

cheers

stephen dangaard
President
NAPFA
NAPFA
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2014-02-15

http://www.napfa.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 11:38 am

Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:02 pm

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Sluicing developments NSW

Post  philip.j.thompson on Wed 16 Aug 2017, 4:00 pm

Tomorrow I will be visiting my local member and asking for an explanation on this new attack on fossickers, as a retiree and fossicker I view this intererpretation as just another bit of citified rubbish. If you live in NSW I urge you to take it up with your local member also and support NPFA who work hard to hold the line.
regards Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top