wm12 no sound?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wm12 no sound?

Post  joe82 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:15 am

hey guys, got me a 7000 last Thursday, when out yesterday (2 bits for .95gm) BUT found that the wm12 whould not make a startup tone or threshold but with the earphones plugged into it all good until I whould change from high yield to general or normal to difficult it whould blank for a second like it does when changing settings but the tone whould not return until I turned everything off and restarted Evil or Very Mad I reconnected the wm12 to the detector via the manual and it corrected on worries but no sound???? any one else had these issues?????

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: wm12 no sound?

Post  slimpickens on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:58 am

Hi Joe, before everything else, have you tried a different channel on the WM? It definitely will work better on some channels rather on others.

Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 pm

G'day Joe,

Have you put the head phones on before starting your WM12 up?? scratch

It sounds to me that you have 2 different problems (1) with your 7000 and (1) with the WM12.  

Here's a link to Kevlorraine2's thread of his 7000 no sound.  

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t25408-pinpointing-with-the-7000-and-machine-going-no-sound#246947

Cheers.

Mike.

PMAV, APLA & NAPFA Member.
Mike54
Management

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:40 pm

hey lads cheers for the help slim I did try every channel and no go so I took it back to the shop today and turns out the speaker in the wm12 had a moment and buggered up so it was replaced as for the headphone issue I will give her a run this weekend and see how it goes thanks for ya help guys let the gold gods shine, cheers for the link mate will have a read, cheers joe,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:17 am

Hi Joe,
Seems you may have also encountered what's believed to be a bug in the software, which can crawl out when changing Gold Modes.

I believe it is good practice to follow what North said in another thread. I have noticed my machine is sometimes quite slow in responding to button presses, and it is when I press too rapidly that I get issues like the audio dropout. Training yourself to be patient between button presses while your new to the machine may help avert this problem.

Here's what North said
North wrote:I've also had this problem a few times, only when changing between gold modes, from general to high yield or vise-versa, audio drops out and doesn't return without full switch off.
After "factory reseting" the machine and taking a couple of seconds between selections when in the gold mode selection screen,
i.e use cursor to highlight gold mode [WAIT A COUPLE OF SECONDS] then select mode with tick, it's never been a problem since.

and this is the thread
http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t25100-software-hang-ups

Cheers
Kev.
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Hmmmm.
Fire up the WM12 and no sound.
Shut it down.
Change the speaker for another.
Fire up the WM12 and we have sound.
Shut it down.
Put in the old speaker.
Fire up the WM12 and no sound.
Repeat the above.
This told me that the speaker was faulty.
No software problem, just a faulty speaker. Its all good
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 667
Registration date : 2008-10-18

http://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm

all good indeed! thanks again for the great service pete T06

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 pm

joe82 wrote: with the earphones plugged into it all good until I whould change from high yield to general or normal to difficult it whould blank for a second like it does when changing settings but the tone whould not return until I turned everything off and restarted Evil or Very Mad ???? any one else had these issues?????

I agree with Mike, you probably had 2 issues, the speaker and the audio dropout bug. Your symptoms are identical to those experienced by at least a dozen others.

Minelab have been dismissive of it in the past, but the latest update has brought the issue to a head so it may get fixed eventually.
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top