Interesting idea?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interesting idea?

Post  slimpickens on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:26 am

Hi all anyone heard about this machine?
It's called a :-
DRS Advanced Resistivity Scanner (ARS), geophysical 3D radar

Thanks to Chris for link  T06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuSJwDMf8eo                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Any independent info would be appreciated .
Also price in Australia ?
And most importantly: does  it work on our highly mineralised dirt.?

Last edited by slimpickens on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting idea?

Post  hiluxer on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:00 pm

All I see at that link is, "This video is unavailable". Sad

hiluxer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2017-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  someday on Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:28 pm

someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Magnetometer & Gradiometer.
That first link worked ok for me.
Likely works fine in lightly iron mineralised ground.
It is not one of those long range psychic powered pieces of crap.

The Resistivity meter at the second link is a different device which measures the conductivity of the ground and is of little use when hunting for individual nuggets unless it is a really biggun and you sunk the ground spikes almost on top of it.

I have used resistivity meters to test the conductivity of Electricity earth cables around main sub stations to ensure that they had good ground contact.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:13 pm

adrian ss wrote:

If, for arguments sake it works fine in lightly iron mineralised and picks up a coke can at 2 metres, can you shorten the distance between the 4 pins you nail into highly mineralised ground to be able to pick up a coke can at 1 mitre?

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:02 pm

More like a tool best used in benign ground, for archaeological/geological purposes Slim?  One must keep in mind, that regardless of any claims made &/or cost of equipment, whatever is designed for overseas use, might not work well within our variably changing, highly mineralized ground conditions.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2402
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Kon, soon as I saw the long range locator (the pistol grip part of another model) it reminded me what kind of company this is, and all I can say is "Run for your lives"!

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Q25  Fair enough Harry & some are still running, but It don't matter what one thinks or believes a metal detecting device can or cannot do, for we can only go by facts.  
Like I said there are some overseas metal detecting devices that can & do work well on/over our soils, but others fail miserably. Like all things, fitness for purpose & do your research, before taking the punt, Is what i say. Shame we're limited, by not having the opportunity to hire & test, before we part with our hard earned, only to find out the device we've purchased, is not suited to ones needs.

Cheers fellas, Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:04 pm

slimpickens wrote:
adrian ss wrote:

If, for arguments sake it works fine in lightly iron mineralised and picks up a coke can at 2 metres, can you shorten the distance between the 4 pins you nail into highly mineralised ground to be able to pick up a coke can at 1 mitre?

It (the resistivity meter)will not find a coke can. It is designed to test for ground conductivity over a wide area. It could in theory locate silver, copper iron and lead deposits if distributed extensively in the ground.

The device at the first link may be of some use to a prospector or geological survey work. I do not know if it would find dino bones??

The LRLs that we all despise are not the same as the items spoken of here. Magnetometers and resistivity meters actually do something but LRLs are pure unadulterated garbage designed to suck in the gullible.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:33 pm

Sounds like you have had some experience with Resistivity Meters Adrian. Even if it could locate a gold nugget the size/width of a coke can, clearly at 1 meter deep, would not the GPZ 7000 be just as capable of doing so at pretty much similar depths, on the same size/type metal objects, without the use of constantly placing & shifting probes from one section of ground to another?  Now if this machine could pick up and clearly ID an ounce or so, of solid gold at 3 feet deep, in mineralized ground, would raise a few eye brows. Shocked Q35  

Cheers Kon. T25

Last edited by Kon61gold on Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:27 am

Having a choice between a 7000 and a magnetometer or resistivity meter for nugget hunting I would choose the 7000. I would use the other instruments to locate large areas of ground where gold and other metalic minerals are likely to be found.

The Gradiometer is very useful for locating magnetic and gravity concentrations caused by high density mineral concentrations. (Mascons)
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:23 pm

adrian ss wrote:Having a choice between a 7000 and a magnetometer or resistivity meter for nugget hunting I would choose the 7000. I would use the other instruments to locate large areas of ground where gold and other metalic minerals are likely to be found.

The Gradiometer is very useful for locating magnetic and gravity concentrations caused by high density mineral concentrations. (Mascons)

A simple question.
How many probes would it take in 1 square metre to isolate a coke can precisely........................ if at all?

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:40 pm

If at all?!...About 4 probes. But as I said. Resistivity meters are not real flash at finding single nuggs of any size.....Maybe if you banged the pegs down into or near a rich reef like Lassetters, the meter might give ya a clue if the gold is laced throughout the reef.

A Magnetometer could likely ping a goodun but you wouldn't know what you had until ya dug ut up.
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:15 pm

" There are two way to be fooled.
One is to believe what isn't  true
The other is to refuse to accept  what is true"    
by Soren Kiekesgaard

Last edited by slimpickens on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:21 pm

I accept that I will not use Resistivity meters and Gradiometers ta find gold nuggets. Very Happy
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

drs detector

Post  mogy on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:25 am

Last year ? I queried  the DRS detector on the site , I  eventually got to see one , the "standard usual" detector not the  one  being discussed  here today , it  was well built looked very impressive  , had a lap top to display  , really looked the part but  turned  out to be lacking in most areas a very  expensive barely effective toy , made  somewhere in Turkey but being sold as a German product.
I would treat anything from this  firm with caution.

mogy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Makes you wonder hey?   Thanks for the feed back mogy

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Management