Disturbing mismanagement... not ours :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disturbing mismanagement... not ours :)

Post  4rd on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:58 pm

Bill (Wombat), any thoughts or concerns here from a prospector's perspective, i.e. was council/members pro-our-cause or were they more pro-world-heritage protection?  

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/disturbing-mismanagement-goldfields-council-sacked-after-extensive-failures-20170823-gy23tr.html

Tony.
4rd
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Disturbing mismanagement... not ours :)

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:07 pm

UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1357
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:13 pm

That's one heck of a shame, isn't it? I imagine that several criminal charges (and jail time) would apply to these people.
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  philip.j.thompson on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:58 pm

The worry is what the green brigade may do in relation to our recreactional activities,
regards Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  hiluxer on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:37 am

That might explain why Maryboro rates are so darn high! Rolling Eyes

hiluxer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2017-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:42 am

If the Council has to be sacked is one thing but to not call an election until 2020 is thumbing the nose at the People of the Central Goldfields, i think an election should be held within 3 months, i would even be willing to put my name down so at least i could say i tried to head off any State Government idea of a Mega Mosque in Maryborough and shut down any thought's about locking more ground away from the very people who own the land!
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 696
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Justdigging on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:28 am

A pebble in a pond is a ripple , another is a bigger ripple , until it becomes a wave , only you can start a change , dave

Justdigging
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:34 am

4rd wrote:Bill (Wombat), any thoughts or concerns here from a prospector's perspective, i.e. was council/members pro-our-cause or were they more pro-world-heritage protection?  

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/disturbing-mismanagement-goldfields-council-sacked-after-extensive-failures-20170823-gy23tr.html

Tony.

"Hi everyone" Sorry 4rd for not replying to your question earlier, but my wife and I just got back from the UK on Tuesday. I did receive an E-mail from my Secretary of our PMAV Central Branch last week in regards to the council's sacking. And what I read really made my holiday even better.
Now in regards to your question 4rd. The person that was the main instigator of trying to get part of, or all of, the Golden Triangle under a World Heritage listing was a person named Chris Meadows Taylor who was also a councilor on the Maryborough Council. Well he has been kicked out as well. So now I'm hoping this Heritage thing will die a natural death or put on the back burner for many years to come. Tell you the truth I don't think they had any chance of ever getting it through anyway. In the UK I saw World Heritage sites and Buildings dating back 900 years BC and we have nothing like this here or the history surrounding it . Some areas here may get an up grade to National Heritage listed only. Meaning it will only have an Australian recognition and not world. But to do this it will have to have already a Victorian Heritage on it. And as you know we can't prospect in those areas anyway. So no gain, no loss. They were only looking at areas that had a listing already on it.
This in my books is the only good thing that the Victorian Government has done for prospectors by sacking our local council. But this same Government is the ones who are pushing for these proposed new State or National Parks. So right now I think that the PMAV only have now one battle front to fight on and not 2 as before.
The PMAV tried to tell our local council that they were barking up the wrong tree about this heritage thing but would not listen. I also told the council personally that they were letting Maryborough die a slow death by not doing enough to get more local jobs implace and to improve better public transport and to cut out increasing our rates every year by $100's of dollars. But they wouldn't listen. Now goodbye Council. They were a bloody useless mob anyway. All old fuddy duddies. They've been on the council since Adam was a boy.
wombat Wink
Wombat
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4250
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum