did the 7000 - "open up the gold fields again"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

did the 7000 - "open up the gold fields again"?

Post  kevlorraine2 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:18 am

the above claim was made by minelab people about two years back. what do you think Question

for my part, i have been to many spots where i cleaned up with the various gpx machines over many years, but, returning with the 7000, i have NEVER failed to find more nuggets at those spots. Very Happy

the size and volume in most cases has not been matched, but in some cases i have been able to score well with unbelievable depth. What a Face

also during this time, the fellas who did not upgrade to the 7000 were kept happy with the modern flat wound coils.

so i would have to say - we all got a reprive from dwindling finds over the last two years, just when it was getting tough.

what say you? ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Re: did the 7000 - "open up the gold fields again"?

Post  Ash100456 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:16 am

Must say I was only thinking about Minelab's claim of "Opening up the goldfields again" while wandering around on the goldfield and would have to say for me it sure has.  Best detector I have had by far.  
Even before the latest update, Yes sometimes we struggled but it kept finding gold and now with the updates the boundaries are pushed even further.

Saw somewhere where it said , Minelab's GPZ7000 is described as the "Magnificent Seven". Couldn't agree more !

Cheers
Ashley

Last edited by Ash100456 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:26 pm

hey guys, I have only been playing with the 7 for a forghtnight now and so far have pulled a half oz 17.2gms from one spot last weekend that had me grid it weekend before with my 5000 and 12' evo that found me just under 16gms not to mention stupid depth on sub and gram bits eg,.03 at 10" that I no the 5000 has missed so as far as reopening the goldfields in some ways yes but there other places I have been and not pulled a bit??? but the 5000 and the evo range plus the 7000 don't think il be leaving to much behind, but it has to be there to find? cheers for another good weekend diggenerup

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike54 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Yep I'm going to have to agree with you guys, I haven't looked back since I got the GPZ.  I haven't found anything really big, but what I have found has been very surprising how deep some have been and how tiny some have been at depth.    Detecting    V11

Cheers.

Mike.

PMAV, APLA & NAPFA Member.
Mike54
Management

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:32 pm

true that mike!!! if it can pick them little fellas like that can only wonder how deep the bigger ones will be coming out at T06

Last edited by joe82 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant spell)

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:15 pm

Cant say I dis-agree with you gents. The 7000 is the bees knees of hand held metal detectors, as far as detecting for gold nuggets goes, in /over mineralized soils, but that's where I have to cut it short.
Better than previous VLF/PI technology yes. Partially reopening up the gold fields again yes. Fully opening up the gold fields again, I highly doubt it. What existed in gold finds 25 years ago, certainly hasn't come back to light through the GPZ 7000 today. Neither ever will it.  How many here using 7000's, can put claim to unearthing a solid 1oz slug of gold, at a measured depth of 2 feet?  Not 10", not 15 or 19 inches, but at a measured 24 inches deep, in average mineralized soil conditions?   If the old timers, considered 2 feet deep, as some of the most shallowest gold bearing ground layer, en-counted out on a gold field, how then can Minelab put claim, in stating the 7000 as "Opening up the goldfields again"?   It would have been better, to have stated that the magnificent GPZ 7000, is un-surpassable at cleaning up the gram/sub gram bits of gold, that past VLF/PI  detectors leave behind, occasionally surprising the 7000 user, with a rare ounce/multi-ounce slug of gold find, at somewhere bellow the 24 inch mark, 95% of the time. Smile  
If it wasn't for the old timers surfacings (removing top soil, which is free of any gold, to get down to the gold layer, whether in a gully/creek/flat etc)  making it possible for most us Victorian detectorists, to detect the odd rare bit of gold left behind in/from these workings, most of us detectorists here in Vic, would be finding Jack s**t in terms of gold nuggets, over undisturbed/un-worked, gold bearing ground, with the GPZ 7000 or any other handheld metal detector for that matter.
Yes & I'v heard it all before & also understand that the gold, has to be there in the first place, in order to find it.  Well, maybe if the GPZ 7000 was pushing an extra foot or so deeper, in mineralized soil, over a range/type/size slug of gold, than what it currently can achieve, instead of an extra 10/20% more, than that of a current GPX 5000, using a similar in size coil, we might just have the chance of unearthing some of those rarer, larger slugs of gold at depth, in disturbed or un-disturbed gold bearing ground.
The comments above, are my opinion only, after having used  the GPZ 7000 since its release & do "NOT" represent, nor reflect, the opinion of each/every individual GPZ 7000 user.

Cheers Kon T25
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2444
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.4umer.net

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:18 am

well said mate, as for us guys up here in NQ it is just a matter of time before a big fella is unearthed simply due to lack of people allowed on the ground with big places and bugger all people walking around so the chances are high (where I swing) because of the lack of traffic weather its with the gpx or the 7000 they will still be there somewhere V11

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:26 am

joe82 wrote:well said mate,  as for us guys up here in NQ it is just a matter of time before a big fella is unearthed simply due to lack of people allowed on the ground with big places and bugger all people walking around so the chances are high (where I swing) because of the lack of traffic weather its with the gpx or the 7000 they will still be there somewhere V11

hell!!! joe82, didnt mean to get you goin mate What a Face   dont speak too loudly or you will have a convoy of mexicans heading north makeing the bulldust tracks even worse Evil or Very Mad

kon mate i laughed when i saw you replied Very Happy Very Happy  but after reading what you said, i would have to agree you continue to make a lot of valid points.
i suppose i was still feeling happy about a find i made about a week back .....

i was detecting at a spot where i had pulled out a half dozen bits out of a single hole down somewhere between 9 and 12 inches. it was specimen small pieces, very rough and "reefy",  this was with the 4000 in the newbeaut smooth mode. goin back a few years.   that machine found me solid nuggets down to 10inches and up to 20grams in that area.  i went back with the 4500, scored again and can remember a 25gram nugget that was down very deep, haveing sunk into a burnout stump hole and i was able to notice it, despite the charcoal all the way down.  the 5000 enabled me to clean up a lot more of the smaller nugs in the area, as well as some bigger nugs down deeper. (its a couple of hundred meters square)  the spot is well known  and i regularly see other digs that arent mine.

anyway, going back with the 7000 recently, for another crack at the area, as i never fail to find something there, i went to X marks the spot.  the x is a dead log on the ground with a 45degree angled dead tree hanging in another dead tree at rightangles to it.  

so i knew exactly where i had dug and filled in a good reefie multi-nug hole many years back.....  now with the 7 in normal, highyield, sensitivity 18, target volume 14 (and was gunna whack it up to 18) but didnt need to as i got a quite obvious signal.  digging down in the wall of the long ago hole (obvious because of the compaction)  i checked the throw out pile after getting down over a foot, yep she was out, but there was still a signal in the hole. bounce beauty multi nugs in the one hole again.

ended up being TEN PIECES most with quartz attached and with about 17grams all up of gold in very reefy looking specimens.

so i was right many years back calling this favourite spot - THE MOTHERLOAD cheers

i have said it before but - thank you minelab - you have made my retirement very enjoyable, I love you I love you I love you  your machines ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:54 pm

ha all good mate I don't mind a V11 don't worrie theres realy no gold here and if there was it whould be to deep even for the 7000 not to mention the snakes spiders heat and flys Q07 not a nice place to be, good to see ya happy with your detector Q13

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:59 pm

joe82 wrote:ha all good mate I don't mind a V11 don't worrie theres realy no gold here and if there was it whould be to deep even for the 7000 not to mention the snakes spiders heat and flys Q07 not a nice place to be, good to see ya happy with your detector Q13

T04  flies like chickens with fangs, covered in spiders...big b*st#rds!, killer bees and snakes as thick as a mans leg, nasty pigs  pig , cows with guns, the people  Q12  are all mad V32  Q01 the sun never goes down V51 there's no beer Q11  and the golds all gone V01 Honest!!

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2372
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:01 pm

Digginerup wrote:
joe82 wrote:ha all good mate I don't mind a V11 don't worrie theres realy no gold here and if there was it whould be to deep even for the 7000 not to mention the snakes spiders heat and flys Q07 not a nice place to be, good to see ya happy with your detector Q13

T04  flies like chickens with fangs, covered in spiders...big b*st#rds!, killer bees and snakes as thick as a mans leg, nasty pigs  pig , cows with guns, the people  Q12  are all mad V32  Q01 the sun never goes down V51 there's no beer Q11  and the golds all gone V01 Honest!!

Wayne. cheers
You had me going there Wayne till you mentioned there's no beer. Qld? There never was. Razz Razz

Management

Number of posts : 3575
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:05 am

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:06 am

just worked out how to upload photos Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:55 pm

oh yeah, that's a .05 that was around the 10-12" mark over a different patch

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:07 pm

joe82 wrote:oh yeah, that's a .05 that was around the 10-12" mark over a different patch

Shocked that's 20 bits to the gram mate, you sure you mean .05g and not 0.5g Question

Oh and congrats on working out how to post pictures. T06

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5419
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:04 am

davsgold wrote:
joe82 wrote:oh yeah, that's a .05 that was around the 10-12" mark over a different patch

Shocked  that's 20 bits to the gram mate, you sure you mean .05g and not 0.5g Question

Oh and congrats on working out how to post pictures.  T06

cheers dave
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  yeah mate cheers yep. lucky your on to it Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top