About the Clermont fossicking kits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About the Clermont fossicking kits

Post  Jen on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm

From Jonathon Porter
facebook page ' The Outback Prospector'

*Please note re Clermont Fossicking Kits*

(Please share to your regular prospecting pages)

Isaac Regional Council advice is that as from 25th August 2017, there is no longer a requirement to purchase a Fossicking Kit for Clermont. Please call Council office 1300 47 22 27 for any enquiries.

All Clermont GPA's remain open as usual.

Purchase Qld Fossicking Licence online:
https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/fossicking/licences-permits/purchase
Clermont GPA Maps may be viewed online here: https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/activities/fossicking/central-gold

Cheers jen.
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: About the Clermont fossicking kits

Post  davsgold on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:31 pm

Q33 T15
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5419
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:42 am

Well I, for one, can fully understand the motive behind that decision.
We spent 2 weeks there, 1 in the van park, 1 at the dam.

Most of our detecting was at McMasters and 4 mile with a day at Bathampton.
My detecting result included the skeleton of a very old pocket knife from around 12" depth, a horse leather buckle around 4" depth, (both nearly bringing on a heart attack) lots of lead shot, bullets and .22 cases but not a glimmer of gold.
To add insult to injury, at McMasters there had been extensive (illegal) dozer scraping which had left large areas in a very untidy and disturbed state.

We spoke to many both in the van park and camped at the dam finding only one person who showed me 3 very small nuggets.
From my enquiry at the Detector Shop, a young girl shook her head and admitted very little gold was being found.

Unlike WA, the Clermont ground available to the large number of prospectors is very limited and activities such as the illegal scraping should not happen. There are more and very extensive State Forest areas not presently available and I would suspect local knowledge would enable some to get onto less detected areas without fear of apprehension.

If other areas were to be opened up, Clermont would surge again. Abandoning the purchase of the fossicking kit is only a band aid solution.
Mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:25 pm

I agree, Mike. Unless some new ground is opened up to the public the town will suffer. JP as the owner of a detector shop should be working his bum off trying to make this happen. There is plenty of ground on private property that the locals get onto as well as a lot of bushland where they find gold. Visitors find it very tough to find much at Clermont but when I have said that on here before I was slammed by other posters. I'm not trying to lose Clermont visitors, just trying to get the council to move their backsides and do something about it.

Jim
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1530
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Magilla on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:09 am

There is a video on youtube by JP where he finds a nice nugget with the GPZ 7000 and 19" coil, I assume it is at Clermont, in the video he says that he had spent three days there without finding a spec. If JP can spend three days with the best detector in the world and his vast local knowledge without finding anything then what chance does the average hopeful have?

Magilla
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2015-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top