New to this site

Go down

New to this site

Post  wayne01 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am

Gday all,im new on here still finding my way,,,,hopefully would like to chat with prospectors around the cairns region,i have my own set up and ready to go,,,,wondering if theres a club type environment in or around cairns,,any info appreciated, ,,,😊

wayne01
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2018-04-08

Back to top Go down

Re: New to this site

Post  Digginerup on Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Very Happy Welcome to the site, you are in a good position to take advantage of the northern pay to detect properties , some of which have been very good to some folks in the last couple of years Wink  and will continue to do so for those who put in the work, if you can access private gold land ...even better still, I am not sure if cairns has a detecting club or not, the Townsville club welcomes non residents and the club environment with like minded people can provide a good learning platform for a new chum to the addiction called detecting, this site contains a wealth of knowledge in its members as well as much archived information........enjoy T06

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Management

Number of posts : 2378
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne01 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Hey digger,,,thanks for your response mate,,,im guessing your talking George town area,,,i agrea worth a look for sure,,,thinking of heading down to the newly open fields at Clermont for a few weeks to get the rust out of the 5000,,hey yesterday i got my detector box out to check everything was ok,,,due to planning a trip,,i was absolutely beside my self to find the cable on the 18" nugget finder aliptical,,,shredded,never sean this before, i had it out only 2 weeks ago,was fine then at Rocky,,it seriously looks like someone has attacked it with a razor blade, do you know if these cable can be replaced at all,,thanks digger for your time cheers☺

Sent from Topic'it App

wayne01
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi Wayne,

Gold City Detectors will be opening a shop in Cairns. They also have a shop in Townsville and the main shop in Charters Towers.

A bunch of people in the Cairns region from the Prospecting Australia Forum meet up in Cairns about every 2nd month.

Hope this info helps.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne01 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Hiya doug,,thanks mate appreciate it,,,would be nice to get in contact with them,,,just been playing around solo for a while,,,need to learn more about my machine, and be nice to go prospect with others in same mind set,,,of to Clermont next week wish me luck 😆😆😆😆

Sent from Topic'it App

wayne01
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 am

Stop in and see JP & Frieda at the Outback Prospectors shop in Clermont and they will help you out. We were there on Thursday and picked up our GPZ7000. Great people and know their products.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne01 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:17 am

Wow,cool,,cheers will do,i met andrew and his daughter in the old shop 6 years ago,they were good people as well,,,did some training with them,,,,will drop in,thanks mate,are you staying in Clermont long,,might catch ya there, look for a fj 40 dark blue tray back cruiser,cant miss it heading out of cairns monday week 😊

Sent from Topic'it App

wayne01
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Sorry Wayne,

Down at Brisbane visiting our son, back home in Townsville Monday night and then Anzac day we are heading directly to Perth to see the daughter for her 21st. On our way back we'll be doing some detecting around Kalgoolie and Laverton.

We'll be at Western Creek mid July for a week or two.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne01 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Hey im back again i got logged out and was putting the wrong user name in 😂😂😂😂 im sure its a55 thing lol,,,anyhow got myself a little detector to go with the 5000,,for when the misses or a mate wants to tag along,this is the first time for me to be able to head bush prospecting,,with no time limits, so im getting very excited about going detecting soon,,,,nearly ready,just getting final stuff done,,hope you guys do well on your trip,,,thanks diggemup and Rocky for your time

Sent from Topic'it App

wayne01
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down