Gpx 4500 SCAM warning on ebay

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gpx 4500 SCAM warning on ebay

Post  nugget_hunter69 on Sun May 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Nero,
This seller has been on a few times now and I have made a complaint befor due to his answers to my questions and others have received the same answers like cant view due to insurance reasons, cant show a real photo of it due to his lap top wont let his camera load photoes? also everything on his auction page is pasted from the net, payment within 24 hrs(why the rush for cash) and a zero feedback score.
He sent me serial number 1001221 and going by Madtuna post of questions and answers it seems the answers are identical to this bloke(GSTYLESPRODUCTION) and the serial number he gave Madtuna was 1001286.
It all adds up to a scammer and I hate scammers. And once they get away with it once they will go bigger and have more and more scams going to the stage where it will be a gamble if its a real action or not with anything you buy.
ossie.

nugget_hunter69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  nugget_hunter69 on Sun May 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Nero,
He is still on there , you must have clicked on the link I pasted from Gollstars post which was the same seller, as I was replying to his post.
I posted this auctions item number (170335328955) under my post.
ossie.

nugget_hunter69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Sun May 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Found it, Ossie... And I see the "Highest Bidder" has no feedback either. Who wants to bet that this (probably fake) Highest Bidder will win the Auction but "not be able to pay"....which means the next highest bidder will be offered a Second Chance Deal to buy the detector? By using a fake Shill bid, the seller is able to drive the price up and reveal the top bid offered by the second highest bidder. Top bidder has pushed the price up (he's entered three recent bids) to $4550.00

Reeks of a scam alright.
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1918
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  youngdigger on Sun May 24, 2009 9:03 pm

i sent him an email through ebay with my email details saying i would pay 5k cash for it, i recived this reply

minelab gpx4500 Gstylesproduction‏
Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Sunday, 24 May 2009 8:57:36 PM
To:
hello its Gstylesproductions from ebay,
For this item i cant however i do have another 3 exact same, brand new for sale. let me knoe if your interested. however the same rules stand, would need payment recieved before i can send the item out to you. and item would have to be shipped to you via express courior that way my insurance coveres the both of us. payment would have to be recieved within the next 24hours as ill send it out straight away. the best price i can do for you is $4500 if you can guarantee payment by direct deposit first thing tomorrow morning.
if your interested let me know asap....
Thanks

now that is dodgy.. scam for sure or a few stolen detectors

youngdigger
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  youngdigger on Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 pm

i just replied saying i wish to purchase one and asked for his bank details

youngdigger
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  youngdigger on Sun May 24, 2009 9:35 pm

and here is the reply..

my banking details are
MR GARRAD G ALIGIANNIS
Westpac
BSB: **********
ACCOUNT NO:********
I will send the item out to you tomorrow as soon as i check my account and see payments been recieved could you let me know what time you would be able to make payment so i know when to check.
could you please send me your postage details.
please call me on 0466210020 if there are any problems.
Thanks

so if you want to throw away your money here are the details

youngdigger
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  nugget_hunter69 on Sun May 24, 2009 9:41 pm

yep dodgy not the word for it.
I emailed him earlier saying I had a brother in Blackwood near him and asked if he could meet him in a public place to show him the unit befor I bid just to confirm but no reply as yet which suprises me cause he usually sends a measage back fairly quickly. I think this bloke actually thinks he does have a 4500 now with all the lies he has told. I just hope ebay looks into it befor someone looses a whole lot of cash.
ossie.

nugget_hunter69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  youngdigger on Sun May 24, 2009 9:50 pm

i then asked if it could be sent by registered post, got the reply...

RE: minelab gpx4500 Gstylesproduction‏
Sent: Sunday, 24 May 2009 9:44:41 PM
To:
Yes definatly it will be registered and insured. as soon as i send the item i will email you the tracking number straight away.
could you please let me know what time you will be making payment so i know when to check, so i can send the item out to you asap.
Thanks

he also sent another one to say he had sent the wrong bank details...

RE: minelab gpx4500 Gstylesproduction‏
Sent: Sunday, 24 May 2009 9:41:23 PM
To:
hello.
sorry MY BANKING DETAILS ARE:
MR GARRAD G ALIGIANNIS
WESTPAC
BSB: ***********
ACCOUNT NO:************

youngdigger
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  youngdigger on Sun May 24, 2009 9:55 pm

so i said i have sent the cash to the first details he sent me, time to scam the scammer.. waste his time at least

youngdigger
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Sun May 24, 2009 10:04 pm

This is awesome. Nice sleuthing job there guys. One must ask why he has FOUR GPX-4500s.

Just in case you guys aren't aware, there's currently a temporary delay in obtaining one of the parts for the GPX and also a component for their batteries. This shortage is due in part to a huge Goldrush elsewhere in the world (in a region of China) and this has left a few empty shelves until the two components can be resourced. I only know of one unsold 4500 in Australia ...in the hands of a dealer - and it will be lucky to last the next 20 hours - so that should give you an idea of how scarce they are.

There's no way he's selling these at a loss because right now, he could name any price he wants to and they'd probably sell regardless of what he asks. How and WHY he obtained 4 is a very interesting mystery.
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  nugget_hunter69 on Sun May 24, 2009 10:13 pm

I called into coiltek in maryborough on the way home from bendigo today and mentioned it and the bloke there said he couldnt get one under $4900 wholesale price.
This bloke got 3 more @ $4500 this only gets better Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
btw he emailed me back to say he couldnt meet my so called brother in public even to prove he had one to sell Shocked
ossie.

nugget_hunter69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Ebay scammer

Post  jmp333 on Mon May 25, 2009 11:35 am

Phoned Ebay to look into it as he also has an expensive electrical item from a cataloque photo as well up for auction and they are bidding fast on it as well. In fact he called himself gstylesproductions last time when they deregistered him after a few of us complained. Hopefully Ebay will look into it promptly and save some newcomer from losing his cash. John

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Mon May 25, 2009 12:24 pm

I reported the listing for investigation. The odds of this guy sourcing 4 units is phenomenally low. These detectors aren't exactly in the surplus category... although a dealer did close down up on the coast recently and he may have offloaded his stock below cost. Hard to say. I note also that the seller is stating the units usually come with a 2 year Factory Warranty (not transferable). In reality the 4500's came with a 5 year warranty or the new 3 year international warranty. Either way, there's something wrong with this listing on a number of levels. With a little luck, eBay will review it and hopefully determine if the seller is a risk or not. I think it's a scam but there's not enough to go on other than the lack of history behind the seller. There's no way I'd shell out big clams from a seller with no history.
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  russcoit on Mon May 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Gday all Ive reported this guy for offering to sell to me outside of ebay $4500 via direct deposit even though the bid is over this, sus isnt the word CROOK is more like it I just hope EBay deals with it in time Ive been ripped off for $260 last year I hate to see someone loose there hard earned cash atleast we have saved on this forum all the details of conversations had with this jerk It might come in handy if he does rip someone off.Dave
russcoit
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  russcoit on Mon May 25, 2009 1:27 pm

Further investigation shows he is selling an amp for $4000 + Item number: 170335333325 finishes in an hour he is a busy boy who obviously has a vested intrest in electronics and trying to raise $4000.00 dollars MMMM Evil or Very Mad Cheers Dave
russcoit
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post  nugget_hunter69 on Mon May 25, 2009 4:45 pm

Well he made his fortune alright $4460 for detector and $4175 for amp = $8835 all up.
zero rating on both winners OR LOOSERS.
I emailed ebay with more than 21 hrs to end time but he got away with it this time so he will be back again for sure now.
More money in scamming than gold, anyone want to buy a detector Smile
ossie.

nugget_hunter69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Gday

I guess I am a bit slow these days, but I just realised that this is the same ahole I put a complaint in to ebay about a couple of days ago, brand new 4500 for half price and an amp half price and only pictures from brochures!

0 feedback, no previous history, is it just me? or does someone else smell a rat too?

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold on Tue May 26, 2009 9:20 pm

He,s at it again Twisted Evil he as just relisted the GPX 4500 with a starting price of $500 or a buy now price $4200 affraid Regards Johnny
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 948

http://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  nugget_hunter69 on Tue May 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Just looked and not there now.
I still have his listing in my saved items and checked his items for sale and nothing
ossie.

nugget_hunter69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Scammer

Post  jmp333 on Tue May 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Ebay's site is playing up, do a search on item 170336995756 as this is his new add starting at $500 or buy now for $4200, they are getting cheaper. I cannot believe that he is still trading after all of the contact from forum members to Ebay. John

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  youngdigger on Tue May 26, 2009 10:32 pm

i cant believe him.. must not have got his cash last time

youngdigger
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Congrats xxxxxxxxxx, you're the first bidder. Hope you win!

Important: Another user may still outbid you, so check this item again in My eBay before it ends.

Time left: 2 days 19 hours
Current bid: AU $500.00
Your maximum bid: AU $2,000,000.00

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  echidnadigger on Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 pm

I may be a little prejudice but, If the grammar and spelling go out the window, then my suspicions become aroused.
Then I look at the credibility of their offer. If its something stolen then I ask myself "what would I sell it for if I had stolen it" Its always below cost.
The mugs that came through the floor of coiltek a couple of years back. never got caught. Someone has bought those detectors by now.
The way I see it is: If you jump a fence then you have to look over your shoulder and if you have a hot detector then you also have to look over your shoulder.
I'm not about to spoil my time in the bush thinking about the validity of my equipment.
Brett.
echidnadigger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 340

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Tue May 26, 2009 11:11 pm

This guys is running 3-day listings. On the assumption that he's a fraudulent seller: By the time he sells all of his "imaginary detectors", he'll be able to shut up shop and move on before any formal complaints begin to trickle in. I only hope that any messages to eBay have been logged.

Well, I've done my bit. I think it will be interesting if the bidders get smart and drop off. I'd personally like to see a GPX-4500 sell for way below cost - for the heck of it. Even if it doesn't exist.

I guess you should prepare for an influx of angry, bitter victims on the forums looking for answers.
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax800 on Wed May 27, 2009 3:40 pm

I also asked to see the ITEM, here is his responce.
------------------------------------------------------------------
i have guidlines to follow with my company and insurance, i only have no feedback as i had to open up a new account due to a divorce in which my old account had 400+ feedback.

Then
I ask for his old user name

----------------------------------------------------------------------
look i can understand exactly where your coming from, c with my insurance they require me to ship it out via registered courior that way if there are any problems they cover me and the buyer up to $5,000.00. and they can track the item down. it just makes it safer for the both of us. my old ebay account was zaraa04 i also had another account just for business before that. thanks

madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu May 28, 2009 8:16 am

Gday

Sometimes I have seen listings that are a bit suss, but after further study it just appears that they (the sellers) dont really know what they are doing and they really are new to ebay.

The solution to this problem is a simple one, if you really do feel that the listing is fraudulent then report it to ebay, that all you can do, if they choose to ignore it then thats out of your hands, if there are people that cant read the warning signs and bid on the item well thats out of your hands as well.

Some people are motivated by greed anyway and when they see an item that is being sold well under the value of similar items that are listed then they think that they are on a winner, and are willing to take the gamble,its a bit like people putting money into investments as they know there are risks but they are willing to take the punt as they want the returns.

Ebay can be a useful tool BUT you have to learn to read the signs, and I have used it quite a bit over the years to buy and to sell, and have had a few small issues but have always worked on the assumption that if it sounds too good to be true then leave it alone, if you have any suspicions then leave it alone also.

I do think though that ebay needs to have both the seller and buyers details available, but only after it goes through them, because if it were available for everyone to use then there are unscrupulous sellers that would message a purchaser to scare them off the item in the hope that they will buy what they have listed.

Dont be frightened to use ebay as these online buying and selling sites are the way of the future and are here to stay, just learn the ground rules and dont take risks with it.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Ebay scammer

Post  jmp333 on Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 pm

I see that Ebay has finally removed him and his latest 4500, they must have a complaint from the poor sucker who bought the 4500 earlier this week as they ignored all of us who contacted them to point out he was a fraud. John

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design on Thu May 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi John,
I just received an email from EBay's fraud department. It pretty much said "Thank your for your concern and for reporting....blah blah blah".... but the problem with this is that I sent my last alert to them in the middle of the last GPX sale. Not this one. Seems they took a LONG time to get around to investigating this seller. Heck, even the listing was still up a matter of minutes ago.

The previous buyers will now receive a warning NOT to pay the seller. And a note claiming that the seller and his listings have been removed will appear on their email. The sad thing is that the sellers were naive and inexperienced to begin with... as evidenced by their lack of history & feedback. I bet a few of them have a sick feeling in the pitt of their stomaches after receiving that email.

No doubt the emails we all sent contributed to eBay canceling the seller, but they would only do so if they themselves deemed the seller to be a risk.

Bravo again chaps!
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu May 28, 2009 6:50 pm

I've bought 2 4500's an amp and an Ipod of him Laughing Laughing
The last 4500 my max bid was $2 000,000.00 even though I could have had it for the princely sum of $4500.00 but he finaly cancelled my $2000,000.00 bid and blocked me from bidding again Sad I was going to resell them at a profit Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  nugget_hunter69 on Thu May 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Whats the bet he will be back in a few days, He has been booted a few times now already and surely he must be sus about the measages asking to see item or pics ect but still keeps on comming back.

I for one will keep an eye out for his auctions and report to ebay as soon as I see it (as i do now), maybe everyone should just check now and then and report to ebay of his auctions next time they see him back. More reports the better.
More than likely he might even change his user name but wont be hard to pick up.
I see theres an auction warning people about 4500 scammers.

Well done to those who sent reports.
Go the SCAM BUSTERS.
ossie.

nugget_hunter69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content